A Conversation for The BOF Inn (Under Construction)

THE SALOON

Post 201

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

RIB? ..Rib? ..Rib?
*feels somewhat out of touch*
Was ist das Rib?

THE SALOON

Post 202

THE KID (Romancer of the Realm of the Rediculous)

Does this place sell smiley - stiffdrinks all the time.

THE SALOON

Post 203

smiley - stiffdrinks are often on offer.
smiley - biggrin
Are you buying..
Hey you're just a KID!

THE SALOON

Post 204

Munchkin

Well, I've always felt quite flexible on the age restrictions, provided the price was right. A smiley - stiffdrink was it?

THE SALOON

Post 205

Toccata

RIB Rubber Inflatable Barman smiley - smileyMunchkin uses it with varying efectivness to prevent us swiping drinks when he's not paying attention in the Snug smiley - smiley

Ohhh! While the bottle is open......smiley - stiffdrink please

THE SALOON

Post 206

RIB! of course.
This damn useless Universal Translator I got from K-mart has it listed as IRB. And there's no point to arguing with them and their bank of lawyers - they'll insist that Inflatable should come before Rubber as 'inflatable' further defines the kind of 'rubber barman' you have; where-as Rubber Inflatable is mildly redundant.

In their snarky lawyer way, they'll ask how rubber can be said to further define inflatable since if it's inflatable it must needs be made of rubber. Any mention of vynil or flexible plastics and they'll go all teary-eyed and dream of patent litigation.

As they say down at the inflatable woman factory - your chick is in the mail.

THE SALOON

Post 207

Munchkin

smiley - stiffdrink
Rubber Inflatable is the common way of saying it for a certain generation of certain British children brought up watching a certain animated series about a certain cat owned by a certain Henry and his certain evil nemesis, a certain Rum Ba Ba, and his Rubber Inflatable gadgets.

I have no idea why I just said certain there. smiley - erm

THE SALOON

Post 208

No doubt ..there is some question ..some unlikely but potential variable overshadows one-hundred-percent certainty in this particular.

THE SALOON

Post 209

ezam_hoo

Red wine,vodka,irish coffee, O.....N.E. Thing really.

THE SALOON

Post 210

Is mise Duncan

IRB is already used by the Irish Rugby barmen ... or something ...

THE SALOON

Post 211

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Isn't it the IRA reserves? smiley - erm

THE SALOON

Post 212

Is mise Duncan

Or txtmsg speak for "I was"

THE SALOON

Post 213

Is that like in: "IRB or IR not B? That is the question, whether 'tis better to suffer the slings and arrows ..etc"?

Anyway, IR. Hope UR2.
smiley - cheers
~jwf~

THE SALOON

Post 214

Is mise Duncan

VR

D'you know today my text entry box is in courier (or some similar font) whereas I'd swear it was in Arial yesterday. Computers: you can't turn your back on them for a minuted...

THE SALOON

Post 215

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Using a different browser? I know Mozilla (aka Netscape 6/7) lets you choose, while IE forces Courier... smiley - geek

THE SALOON

Post 216

Munchkin

I find this all to be needlessly geeky. It almost makes one yearn for the old days of concrete discussions.

smiley - ale?

THE SALOON

Post 217

Is mise Duncan

smiley - stout agus smiley - stout agus smiley - stout...

THE SALOON

Post 218

smiley - cheers

Glad 2 C U 3 R 2B 2.

< 4 >
smiley - tennisball

smiley - peacedove
~jwf~

THE SALOON

Post 219

Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

*walks in and starts ordering drinks for the marchers*

THE SALOON

Post 220

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

*floats in with Jack on Rob the Carpet*

Cal you forgot Batty and the rest in the wheelbarrow... Ooh. and PM in the wheelchair!

smiley - yikes

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more