A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Girls don't like boys - discuss

Post 21

Farrago: Official Thingite Towel Herder

Well the conversations gone a bit sideways but anyway, personally I like boys, cars AND money. As long as they're nice boys and nice cars. Just about any money is fine really though.

I need to be in the right mood before I can enjoy Radiohead. Same with the Smiths.

Farrago

Post 22

Captain_Spatula

It's almost true. Girls do like boys. As long as the boys have cars and money. Boys don't care what girls have. Boys have to impress girls with their careers and possessions. Girls only have to impress boys with their physical features. Girl thought: "That boy's almost good looking...He drives a Ferarri! That man is marriage material!" Boy thought (said out loud): You have nice calves. Oh, you work in a slaughter house? Why don't you throw on a coat to cover those blood stains on your shirt and we'll go for a burger.
everything girl's want boils down to money. Boys just want something to look at now and then.

Post 23

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

I feel sorry for Good Charlotte - that obviously reflects their (sad) experience! When I was a girl, I didn't like boys, I liked books and men, in that order. Now, I have sons. I still don't like boys, but I like my sons. Go figure!smiley - cat

Post 24

Byrnesnight from Spork

Hi Della,

I was the guy that started this conversation.......I just thought that from my experience of life if a guy is wearing an expensive suit or driving and obviously expensive car the fairer sex nearly immediately become more attracted to him.

A very recent example - a female friend of mine accompanied me to the pub where my team mates were meeting up after a game. We were all sitting in the pub in our sports gear all looking equally dishevelled and dirty.

One of my team mates is really quite shy but also happens to be a big man in finance and owns a particularly expensive Mercedes car.

While we were in the pub this friend of mine did not talk to the shy guy once. However as we left and said our goodbyes in the car park we waved the rich shy guy away.

immediately my friend was intrigued and started to ask a lot of questions about the shy guy. Although while in the pub she had not spoke to him once. Go figure???

That happened last weekend.......there must be something to it.

BFS smiley - spork

Post 25

Insight

The pattern as I've noticed it is that girls don't like boys to think too highly of them - it seems to make them feel uncomfortable. So maybe it's the fact that certain men are more interested in their cars and their money than in women, that makes women more attracted to them.

Post 26

Cafe Terrace at night

I havent heard the new Radiohead album but the last one was pretty cool!
P.S. I live right next door to their manager

Post 27

U198166

thank god its not busted.they suck.theres music comeing from my wordrobe,it playing murdolls "die my bride".its a wordrobe of evil.

Post 28

Lindlec - waiting for the weekend!!

Girl's don't like boys....girls like chocolate and shopping!

Well at least I do, but I like boys too (well men would be more appropriate at my age)!

Post 29

GrifterGal

i couldnt agree with you more hun, not al women like cars and money! i,m with the most wonderful man in the world! and he doesnt own a car at the moment and even if he did have a car and money i would still love him no matter and i wouldnt even care if he had no money in the world can ever compare with the way you feel about the person you love!
grifterGal

Post 30

Little Miss- Get well soon Kylie.XXX

I personsally would never go for a rich guy, i tend to find people of my own "financial status" much more appealing!
Them that graft for a living!
Give me a scruffy greasy mechanic boy anyday over a "suit"!!smiley - biggrin

smiley - jester
lynsey

Post 31

GrifterGal

first of all i would like to say whoever wrote that post is in my opinion A SEXIST PIG! and who only thinks of women as objects for use whenever they see fit well let me tell you we are not! and not all women think of men as perfect marriage material! because some men never can quite let go of their mothers apron strings! and in some cases that can spell disater believe me! and if the women didnt look the way we do for our partners or for men in general i can gaurentee we wouldnt hear the last of it for years to come! so get your facts right before you dare assume what women only want men for cos not all women are made from the same mould! and they are still some women and men who still believe in true love or love at first sight!
Grifter Gal.

Post 32

Little Miss- Get well soon Kylie.XXX

wooooooeee, calm down girl!

Is there sumthing u'd like to get off yer chest??

Im the new agony aunt for the new up & coming h2g2 community radio station, so u tell me ur problems hun!!

Post 33

Insight

You say not to assume what it is that women want men for, but if a woman believes in love at first sight it's obvious what she wants a man for. If you can 'love' someone purely on the basis of what they look like (which is all you know at first sight), then you can hardly want them for their personality can you?

Key: Complain about this post