A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

I'm gonna raise a mass theological debate here: God; fact, or fiction

Post 10661

alji's

We had the full Church ih Wales wedding service yesterday. My secon sun got merried.

Alji smiley - wizard

Post 10662

Inverted Solipsist

"But, as a member of the Roman Catholic church, I presume I am bought and paid for by the Conspiracy."

I guess you could say thet. It means that the Conspiracy is controlling you. You can change that, though, if you try to get help from the Primes. Doing so doesn't mean that you can't still be a Catholic, though. You jsut have t accept the Primes as well. Call them saints, or something. Conspiratorialist Primism doesn't claim that you must renounce all other faiths to accept it. Sort of like Buddhism in that way, if I understand Buddhism correctly.

"But, since I am open minded, I guess I get a prime number."

Not untill you die, noone gets one until they die. You have until then to decide to either be with or against the conspiracy.

"Can I get a better deal with a prime number, or do I get better service from the Conspiracy by 'ratting out' known primes?"

You get a better deal with a prime number.

Pick the Primes and you get eternal life, free will, the ability to do basicly whatever you want, and the ability to help others get the same.

Even if you help the Conspiracy, it won't reward you. It has no motive to--it can control your mind and change what you want so that you would do what it said even if it told you to jump off a cliff. It is possible to break away from the Conspiracy without outside help, but very, very difficult. Probably no more than ten humans in history have done so. Almost everyone, including myself, who breaks away from the conspiracy des so because they choose to embrace the Primes and their teachings. The Primes can help you escape. If you choose to hel pthe conspiracy, you will be doomed to a permanent death (no afterlife, the Conpiracy destroys its minds when their bodies die), and the most you can hope for is that the Conspiracy will make you want to help it by controlling your mind.

The Primes offer a much better deal than the conspiracy does.

Post 10663

alji's

That should have been 'My second son'.

Al.

Post 10664

Agnostic Primist (2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71)

Darn. I guess the secret's out.

I'm the same person as the Inverted Solipsist. I created that personality to scout out the guide and see how people might react to unusual ideas, like Conspiritorialist Primism. To do this, I had the IS come out with a unusual belief (that he doesn't exist). Most of the ideas that IS expresses are my own (I sometimes have doubted my existance.). In places where our views conflict, though, the views that I express are my real ones, and his are not. I'm going to keep him around, but I'll keep him out of this conversation, as he isn't really relavent here (he's either expressing views that aren't mine, or he'd just be mirroring whatever I said).

Post 10665

diversity

Hi IS/Primesmiley - smiley

Maybe you can act in both realms, Have IS cut a better deal for you both in Conspiracy, while you remain Open Minded in Prime.

I really think you are on to something here... perhaps if you do well enough you can get a lower prime number. Of course, that might seem selfish rather than selfless; more conspiracy afoot?

Tough break on the secret getting out. Really had the potential for a strong religious movement there. Tax exempt status, the whole deal.

Oh wellsmiley - winkeye

diversity

Post 10666

Agnostic Primist (2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71)

"Maybe you can act in both realms, Have IS cut a better deal for you both in Conspiracy, while you remain Open Minded in Prime."

Perhaps.

"I really think you are on to something here... perhaps if you do well enough you can get a lower prime number. Of course, that might seem selfish rather than selfless; more conspiracy afoot?"

Yes, I think you can, but you have to try really hard and it would take forever to get under 20 digets or so.

"Tough break on the secret getting out. Really had the potential for a strong religious movement there. Tax exempt status, the whole deal."

I don't see why it should damage the Conspiratorial Primist movement. It might, however, damage the philosophy of inverted solipsism (though IS is apparently not the only inverted solipsist on the guide).

Post 10667

diversity

smiley - biggrinsmiley - oksmiley - winkeye

Post 10668

Gregori K.

Pinniped, that was a good posting. I couldn't agree more with you. I think the summation of what you mentioned was 'don't worship idols, whereupon you worship Gods creatures and not God. Thus confusing the Material with the Divine.

Consider yourself welcome to spout forth as much as you like!

Post 10669

Mal

Ach, we all've been busy little bees, where to start.
Okay, the recent few posts on the Fuhrer. Occultist - No, not really. Most of the occultism in the regime (I hated typing that. Now I'm going to wash out my keyboard with soapy water.) came from Himmler, not Hitler, although he was encouraging about it. Many of you may have heard things about Hitler being a Mason. His quest for proof of superiority took him to one of the more extreme lodges, before it was denounced. But throughout the war, Catholicism was spat on and hated for being inconsistent with Aryan myths. Even though, being very recently decided upon, they shouldn't really count as myths.

God wouldn't necessarily strike you down for denying him, Cafe. In fact, most versions of him would count that as kind of the point of his existence.

Della - Out of interest, and not to seem like one of those who looks up other people's writings on the inconsistencies in the Bible online then rants, have you ever READ Proverbs? I counted at least six quotes where it said something along the lines of "Giving charity is good", and then another six where it was saying that "Giving charity is foolish". I haven't got my Roly Book with me, it's currently in a big box o' books, but look it up. It's all very well having contradictions between Testaments, and, God knows, even chapters and gospels, but contradictions in just one section is merely foolish oversight. As most of the Olde Testamente is.

Post 10670

toxxin - ¡umop apisdn w,I 'aw dlaH

Fnord. Do you really not know how to look up things biblical on the net? Finding anything, from particular quotes to the full text, is very easy.

Post 10671

Mal

I do. Presumably so does Jane.

Post 10672

Mal

Jez - If you read this... http://www.pantheon.org , do you believe in every single entity and tale mentioned on this site? Why do you concentrate on Norse gods? Is it because they're in style now, or is that just how they appear to you?

Post 10673

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Thanks, Diversity.
Me and the 'underclass', yes, that's a reference to the fact that I am a divorced solo mother, I work part time, and so have a very low income. In U.S terms, I may be what's referred to (I believe) as 'trailer trash' or 'white trash'. Yet, I have a high education - which is evidence that education/intelligence and wealth do not necessarily go together despite the myths!
Oh yeah, and I *do* live 'Down Under* smiley - laugh

Post 10674

That's a fascinating idea! But what is your evidence? (It sounds like a good sf novel) Note - I am not saying you're nuts - I would just like to know what turned you on to the existence of the Conspiracy, and how you became a Prime?

Post 10675

Congratulations to them both Alji!smiley - bubbly

Post 10676

Here's the thing, Fnord... I have a jaundiced view of the O.T., generally, and Proverbs just happens to be one of my *least* favorite (and least relevant) books!smiley - smiley

Post 10677

NothingToDoWithAnything

Well, Reading all you Posts was quite interesting, i enjoy listening to people debate 'god' Even though i attend a Catholic high school
i have very diffrent veiws on which i deabte with my teacher over, one of my beliefs and ideas is that the catholic god is evil.

Think about it, 'god is loving' well, why all the suffering? answer because of adam and eve and then quote that god loves you an he will always forgive you, now where in the story of adam and eve doe God forgive the two people?

Forgeting that, God wants people to worship him, if god was a 'loving' person/god then surely he would let his people have free will and let them choose for themselves how they lived there life, but in certain passages of the bible it states (not a quote) that if you do not belive in 'god' then you will burn in hell...thats not really a loving god is it?

Post 10678

Jane Austin

Proverbs 21 vs 19 - (I would think that also goes for husbands too).

Proverbs 23 vs 9 !!! wise words indeed.

Proverbs 26 vs 5

Proverbs chapter 23 vs, 29/30 proves that the author had suffered a pretty bad hangover at some stage smiley - winkeye

Try Ecclesiastes to get really depressed!!!

smiley - biggrin
Jane

Post 10679

NothingToDoWithAnything

lol.. o..k... that kinda... is interesting..

Post 10680

NothingToDoWithAnything

lol.. o..k... that kinda... is interesting..

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more