This is the Message Centre for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Don't panic - be happy

Post 21

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"Worse was when anxiety hit, with crying bouts, panicky breathing etc." [Milla]

Panicky breathing is the worst.

Don't panic - be happy

Post 22

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

anxiety, paranoia attacks are absolutely horrid! - I'm guessing it must be simular to what I had, last year with these sleeping tablets I got scripted, I'd taken one (low dose), the night before, but even with it, hadn't slept, then, the day after having taking it, we were in town, by the market, and suddenly, I just 'got hit' by this ... so don't know how to discribe it... anxiety, paranoia, almost hallucinating 'thing'... it was quite the worse thing ever IMO; we took the remainder of the sleeping tablets to the pharmacy for them to safely distroy and dispose of smiley - yikes I find now if I get any anxiety thing creeping up, I just do some of the yogic breating we were shown during the yoga classes I've been going too... which... and it supprises me a lot, just seems to work (well for me anyhow) smiley - weirdsmiley - zen

Don't panic - be happy

Post 23

I should look that up. It looks promising.

Don't panic - be happy

Post 24

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I usually feel great from yoga! Only once, I had to leave at the very start because the "breath of fire" technique triggered panicky crying... but it's WEEKS ago, so like it never happened, right?
smiley - towel

Don't panic - be happy

Post 25

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Definitely! smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

Don't panic - be happy

Post 26

Absolutely.

Don't panic - be happy

Post 27

Milla just showed me the way to this ( smiley - ta for that, luv smiley - smooch ):

http://www.refinery29.uk/depression-help-social-support?utm_r29_redirect=us

I haven't read it yet, must find time to do so later smiley - run

smiley - pirate

Don't panic - be happy

Post 28

They say that having a conversation with a warm, empathetic grandmother can be good for a multitude of mental complaints. Also, you can't put one past someone who has seen it all.

Don't panic - be happy

Post 29

Alas, both of my gandmothers are long gone

smiley - pirate

Don't panic - be happy

Post 30

I would like to point out that this thread is not only about people who have been officially diagnosed with depression but about all people who - always or only from time to time - have a hard time being content with their life (see post 1).

I guess there are more than fifty shades between temporary light grey and pitch black smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Don't panic - be happy

Post 31

"Alas, both of my gandmothers are long gone" [Pierce]

Well, your ex-wife is one, isn't she? I never said the grandmother had to be your own. smiley - tongueout

Don't panic - be happy

Post 32

That's true

smiley - pirate

Don't panic - be happy

Post 33

Reality Manipulator

I try to take one day at a time but I find my OCD and (unreal and real) anxieties tend to take over.

I have read books about living in the moment/present by Eckhart Tolle and has been helpful to me.

Don't panic - be happy

Post 34

if I have OCD, it's mild but nonetheless there. Anxieties likewise.

Looking up Eckhart Tolle sounds like a good idea.

Don't panic - be happy

Post 35

I've just put in a request for "Practicing the power of now" from my local library.

Don't panic - be happy

Post 36

And then there is this:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/19/depression-awareness-mental-illness-feel-like?CMP=share_btn_fb

smiley - pirate

Don't panic - be happy

Post 37

I've been reading "Practicing the power of now." It's too general to provide specific exercises. The author tries too hard selling his philosophy, and not hard enough telling how to put it in practice.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more