This is the Message Centre for h2g2 Choral Society

Post 321

Lieutenant Zapho of SG-4

ohh yha i think i fit into freaks too. i can sing pritti high for a guy ( im not a unic)

Post 322

Tubaman

the chior who beat byc in sainsbury's were pretty gd and they did win overall...we'll b bk tho

Post 323

Lieutenant Zapho of SG-4

scott marshall,
im a freak ( or tennor)

Post 324

markgaltrey

I'd like join please! I'm a baritone (Bass 1) and sing with Laudibus and am a Section Leader in the National Youth Choir of Great Britain.

So many repertoire suggestions - can we get some Schutz on the list at least - the Passions would be a good start. And can we do the Victoria Requiem *please*!

Thanks

Mark

Post 325

Tubaman

ahh the Schutz a beauty

Post 326

Bernadette Lynn_ Home Educator

I'm a mezzo soprano with (limited) experience in musicals and G&S as well as choral music. I sang for several years with the Riyadh Choral Society before joining a local operatic society here in England.

I have some experience with conducting, having been Musical Director for two of our pantos and Deputy Musical Director for a Summer Show, as well as being principal conductor of our church choir, so I would be prepared to help out in an emergency with that. (Family commitments make anything more a bit chancey - I'm going on maternity leave in three months).

Post 327

arwen, doing nasty essays. being a student should *not* involve work!

can i please join as an alto? and what about some gospel music?

Post 328

Ottox

Hej!

It's good to see you all, but I'll repeat what I said in post 302: I'm sorry, but I haven't got much time online at the moment, so no time to update the pages. smiley - sadface

If anybody will help, please email me! smiley - grovel

(My address is in the references at my userpage)

smiley - musicalnote

Post 329

britishsummertime

When you have a chance, I'd like to join too - I'd offer to help with the page, but I know nothing about these strange internet things!

On a good day I sing contralto, on a bad day tenor. Alto probably safer.

Have fun!

Post 330

Rhubarb

Hurrah! I would love to join - am an alto. Er...and how about Britten's 'Rejoice in the lamb'? Purely for the insane words.

Post 331

Bradley Dean

Greetings - having been invited to have a look at this page more than a year ago by Solnushka I've finally had a look...
As per my name sake and page you'll note that I'm an Alto, would love to be added to the list.

Post 332

Bradley Dean

And please allow me to apologise for forgetting the syntax for editting text on h2g2... smiley - smiley

Post 333

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

If we can't agree on which music to sing, we can
call ourselves a quarrel society. smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

The only Britten I've sung is his "Te Deum."
I've heard his "Spring Symphony" and his "Saint Nicholas" cantata.
I hate his "War Requiem." smiley - sadface

I love the Schutz motets, of which I've sung three.
I heard parts of one of his passions.

Victoria wrote a motet called "Vidi speciosam," and also
a Mass based on it. I've sung both. Great pieces! smiley - smiley

Post 334

Rhubarb

Ooh, the Te Deum's a good one. The words for Rejoice in the Lamb were written by a guy in a mental asylum. They contain things such as 'let us consider my cat Jeoffry' (or something like it) and an entire alto solo about mice. Hurrah!

Walton's 'The Twelve' is another good one for purely random words...

Post 335

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - yikes

Random words? I hope the notes aren't random as well. smiley - grovel

Post 336

Rhianne

ooo please can i join! im a top soprano! the repotoire sounds gorgeous! ooo please let me join please please!

Rhianne xxx

Post 337

Rhianne

ooo i 4got 2 mention, you should let me join coz im a soprano in the national youth choirs of great britain and a really successful local choir and soulband, and erm... my sight readings getting better hehe

Rhianne

Post 338

sunsetstars02

Alto!
smiley - smiley

Post 339

sunsetstars02

Oh yeah...and you should let me join because I'm in my school's top two choral ensembles, and have sung in church and national youth choirs.

Post 340

Runescribe

May I join? I am a soprano, and willing to take second soprano parts where necessary. I sing in a RL choir, and have toured the US with the Southend Choirs.

Key: Complain about this post