This is the Message Centre for The Krylma Leader

All STUMPED agents, please report to KL's Hangar ASAP

Post 181

HappyDude

Getting out is not all its cracked up to be.

Post 182

Lord Byancbaldich a.k.a. Ancba, posting as Flopsy the Catrabbit coz he's in the Unknown Regions

[Flopsy] Easy for you to say!

Flopsy, you do not /literally/ live in a hutch.

[Flopsy] Oh! Okay! So it's a 50x50 meter hutch, filled with all sorts of technology, including seven toilet facilities, and a master tactical observatory, that I share with a Chiss lord!

Post 183

Dream (keeper of nightmares)

Well I agree with some point someone brought up somewhere.<-(details are fuzzy) that there has got to be something good about the places where we live. Just try to think about it. I mean seriously though Arkansas isn't to great I have to admit.. when I move I'll miss it. And sorry, Happy, for my bit of confusion. I was in a little bit of a cranky mood.

Post 184

HappyDude

Ah cranky your not the one who worked a 30 hour shift then got home to find that his flatmate had managed to delete half of the O/S on MY computer - as you can see after many hours of fighting the PC I'm back.

I live in London, one of the most happening city's in the world, I can go out severn nights a week and know that I'm on a guest-list somewhere. So why am I currently spending my time sitting in front of the PC wired up to H2G2 ? (My own theory is that after spending 16 years with my life organized around clubbing I'm getting a tad bored of it all).

Post 185

Lord Byancbaldich a.k.a. Ancba, posting as Flopsy the Catrabbit coz he's in the Unknown Regions

Or perhaps you felt like taking something over, and the H2G2 seemed as good an entity as anything?

Post 186

HappyDude

There is that too smiley - winkeye

Post 187

The Corrupt One (MIA)

In my case, however, I live here 'cause I have to. I'm only a high-school sophomore, y'know, and I don't have any way to pick-and-choose where I live. Southern California's not so bad in general...just this boring part of it where I live.

Wish I could have lots of stuff to do here. But no, I'm reduced to terrorizing innocent websites with alter personas.

And getting in trouble in real life, of course. smiley - winkeye

Post 188

Yowuzupman- New Top Speed 122 (thats mph you metric fools)

relly I'm a sophmore too, but I live near DC so there are lots of fun things to do, such as watch the Gang fights. My latest plrank was when me and The Jeff! got up onto the roof of a school with a microwave and set it on the edge with the door open for all to see. Then we shut the power to the gym off. It was fun

Post 189

soeasilyamused, or sea

[sea] i'm a senior. IRL of course. and, well, my night life is nonexistent because i'm straight edge (no drugs, alcohol, tobacco) and i don't like parties... but really, i'm not boring!!!

[evillene] ha. so she says...

Post 190

NYC Student - The innocent looking one =P

I'm a senior, and there's enough chaos in the center of the world without my contributions...

Post 191

Because of the numerous personalities with which I am burdened, or rather, the large number of people who share the same personality with me*, I must refrain from revealing my nature IRL.

[*This isn't entirely accurate as Ancba has a different personality from the rest]

Post 192

HappyDude

Why am I suddenly starting to feel old again ?

Post 193

The Krylma Leader

Who knows why anyone feels old. It even happens to children younger than I. IRL I just don't get many things about people's thought processes (stereotypes, hatred, etc.). I've gone from geek to nerd to popular. Neither state is all that it's cracked up to be. Which is why I've chosen to be a nerd. You get all of the cool gadgets that geeks have, and you can publically be friends with people in the popular crowd, without having all of the social demands that can be very boring under the wrong circumstances.

Post 194

NYC Student - The innocent looking one =P

yeah, but nerds all know their friendships with popular people happen to be on a "you help me on the test, I'll make you look cool" relationship. Which is why I've become a type of dilettante; knowledge of just enough of everything to make people think I'm the smartest person in the school... and witty too... smiley - smiley

plus, on this level, I can be exceedingly lazy and procrastinating, and put it off as being "clever", and people will take it as "oh yes, he must be right"... I've created a nice little social spiral in my favor...

Post 195

HappyDude

Ha I've been useing that ploy for years smiley - smiley

Post 196

Fascinating idea...

Post 197

The Krylma Leader

No, NYC, you're still talking about a geek. The friendships I have are mostly with kids who don't need help, or who sit to far from me for them to help 'em out anyway. For a terrible school system, there are some very bright students at my school.

Anyway, here's a basis you can use to define whether you or someone you know is a nerd or geek. Steve Urkel: geek. Stephan Urquel: nerd.

People who spend all day staring at a computer are usually geeks, but people who spend lots of time on a computer and spend other time running sound systems or lighting systems are usually nerds.

Post 198

What about people who spend most of their time at school and only get on a computer at specific intervals during the rest of their time?

Post 199

soeasilyamused, or sea

[sea] sound or lighting systems? what do you do, KL?

Post 200

The Corrupt One (MIA)

Computers are my only escape from the extremely bad chaos infecting my life. My patience, thanks to the last few days, is down to nil, and it's nice to have a place like this to vent, so I can keep my sanity (or what's left of it, anyway).

Here's a riddle for you:

What's the difference between Los Angeles and yogurt?

smiley - winkeye

(I'll post the answer tomorrow, just thought it might be fun to insult the area where I live)

And it now appears that high school students are far from a minority at h2g2. My mistake. However, it did seem that only one person I've met here so far has a name which makes his age obvious... smiley - winkeye
...as well as his position on the map.

Ok, rant over. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Krylma Leader

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more