A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Design Feedback

Why doesn't unsubscribing from a conv take you back to your space..

Post 1

Initech_guy

..without having to click on a link? I'd imagine that clicking unsubscribe to a conversation would automatically take you back to your space. Instead, you have to click on a link to do that.

Sorry if this discussed in another conversation!

Post 2

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Dunno, but I find it really useful as I have been known on the odd occasion (after partaking of a small glass of low alcoholic wine smiley - winkeye) to unsubscribe accidently and it makes it easy to resubscribe. Otherwise it can be a smiley - bleep to find the thread again!

Post 3

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on another thread
"Indeed, the only buttons without a confirmation or way back couse enough problems already.

(The 'Single Sign On' buttons just below the page title work without confirmation)"

Post 4

Initech_guy

If you're tipsy enough you'll just end up clicking the 'return to my space' button anyways smiley - winkeye

As you can see, I'm staunchly opposed to extra-mouse clicking...

Post 5

SEF

You could do it by opening a new window and then just close the new window or adjust the URL for the next thing you want to remove instead of returning to your space. That saves some page opening - which is especially useful when the servers are slow and faulty.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more