A Conversation for The Campsite

Pitchfork Rebellion

Post 1

Peanut

Hello, is it ok to pitch here near this tree and to put a rope swing up for the kids, you don't mind kids do you? We've checked that it's not Spikes tree cos that would be rude.

love Peanut xx smiley - peacesign

Pitchfork Rebellion

Post 2

Evangeline

Hello, welcome to the campsite. Please, make yourself at home. Would you like some help with that rope swing? smiley - smiley

Pitchfork Rebellion

Post 3

Peanut

Oh, thank you, much appreciated, the tent went up easily enough but I'm still struggling with this new stove/heater thingy, Ray Mears makes it look so much easier.... I reckon I'm nearly home and dry tho, only the chimney to do

There is plenty of hot water in the storm kettle if you fancy a hot drink and a well stocked bar in the van if you'd like to make that a hot toddy smiley - biggrin

Love Peanut smiley - peacesign

Pitchfork Rebellion

Post 4

Evangeline

Who is Ray Mears?

A hot smiley - tea would be great as it's very cold outside. smiley - smiley

Pitchfork Rebellion

Post 5

Peanut

Offers smiley - tea to Evangeline, please come in, the tent is cosy now that my heater is working smiley - biggrin. Ray Mears is a bushcraft expert who teaches survival skills, ecouraging peeps to develop an understanding of the natural environment as well as promoting healthy respect for it. Very handy person to have around if you were stranded on desert island or some such. Truth be told I have a little crush on him so that scenerio is quite appealing smiley - loveblush

Love Peanut smiley - peacesign

Pitchfork Rebellion

Post 6

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Pitchfork Rebellion? Sounds like a band name to me.
Welcome. smiley - smiley

Pitchfork Rebellion

Post 7

Evangeline

*accepts smiley - tea* Thank you, it's even colder out there. I love what you've done with the tent. smiley - biggrin It's so cozy.

*sips smiley - tea* I googled Ray Mears. I'll have a better look through his website when I have a bit more time to read.

Have you settled into the Campsite? I really should get some firewood over to my tent.

Hi Bob. smiley - smiley How have you been?

Pitchfork Rebellion

Post 8

Peanut

Thank you Evangeline, it took ages to detangle the smiley - fairy lights but it's finally looking like home, feel free to drop round anytime but you'll have to take us as you find us it's not going to stay this tidy for long smiley - biggrin.  I have a pile of logs under the tarp over there if you'd like to take some to be going on with, sustainably sourced of course.Bob I appreciate the welcome, would you like a hot drink or a tipple?  A good band name I reckon, although not mine I'm rather musically challanged to put it lightly, I'll spare you the pain of a demo...Love Peanut smiley - peacesign

Pitchfork Rebellion

Post 9

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Oh so-so. The recession is biting, but thankfully not me. On the other hand, I face the imminent prospect of being the only person in my house with a job...

Pitchfork Rebellion

Post 10

Evangeline

Oh, thank you.smiley - smiley I'll start with a log or two and gather more on the way to my tent.

On a night this cold, I have to remember to feed Esparoth, Nancy and the other Campsite dragonssmiley - dragon. Don't worry, they are vegetarians, but they do benefit from a lump or two of charcoal on a cold night.

The economy is pretty bad here, too.

Key: Complain about this post