This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

Queen of Bus Stop Queueing

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

Not sure how/where/when/why it happened, but it seems I am.

Monday to Friday, I take a motorway smiley - bus to a commuting centre, where I switch to the tube. Most mornings, I walk to the bus stop, but when the wather is foul or the ground is covered by ice, I take a local bus to the commuter bus stop.

And this local bus only runs every half hour, so a lot of the time I end up sharing it with the same people.

Some younglings completely ignore the queue and walk straight up to the beginning of it.

If I'm anywhere near the beginning of the queue, I'll hold them back (with an outstretched arm if necessary) until those in front of me and I have boarded the bus. How those behind me in the queue act is no affair of mine (there is a limit to how altruistic I feel at 7 am on a pitch dark winter morning).

So far so good. I get off at the fourth stop to switch to the motorway bus. The queue discipline at this bus stop is much better than at the previous one.

But sometimes, when the weather is especially foul, we all squeeze into the bus shelter.

And that is when I - obviously - turn into a Queen.

Now, I know some of the folks at the first bus stop also get off and switch bus, so maybe their mindset has rubbed off.

When the bus arrives, nobody will board the bus until I do. Not even elderly folks, which makes me feel quite embarrassed.

This happens a lot of the time, unless there's an Alpha female/male at the bus stop.

Alfa beats Queen, you see - so that person will always be the first one to get onboard, and the rest of us will follow meekly.

Post 2

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - biggrin wow a queen

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

And have you not known me long enough to know I'm the Queen of Elves, JackRuss? smiley - raisedeyebrow

Post 4

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I love when people do the right thing in public, and teach others in a gentle way how to behave. You are a smiley - hero too, my Queen!

smiley - towel

Post 5

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Oops smiley - rofl

Post 6

Candi - now 42!

smiley - laugh

Post 7

Titania (gone for lunch)

Thank you Candi, that was exactly the reaction I was looking for - because the whole thing is just so... absurd?

Post 8

morning dear smiley - biggrin

Post 9

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Your majesty should not be ashamed of riding coach, I hear Elizabeth II does the same when flying abroad now smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 10

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oooo, I'm in good company then! smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post