A Conversation for Dogs

Care and feeding?

Post 1

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

It seems to me an entry on dogs should include some basic information about how to take care of one.

Care and feeding?

Post 2

Cheerful Dragon

How about sub-entries on different breeds - contributed by h2g2 researchers?

Care and feeding?

Post 3

Ashley

Great ideas - I'll look forward to reading some of your entries smiley - smiley

Care and feeding?

Post 4

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Actually, I'm looking for recommendations on breeds now (nominations, actually).

Care and feeding?

Post 5

Muggel Chicken

A good breed would be a pittbull because of all the miths surrounding them that they a very mean and creual witch is true if you train them that way ,but that is the same with all other breeds pittbull are mostly pinned with this wrap because for centries humans have trained them for gaurding posessions, homes, and people.but(and i know from experance)they can be the most gentlest dog an this planet. laws on this planet say that they are "vicious dogs" and if my pittbull got throwen in the pound it would cost anywhere from 500 dollers and up if it was a mistameaner and if she niped at someone she would have one agenst her(if she ever went to the pound again she would be put down ) this is why i nomanate a pittbull

Care and feeding?

Post 6

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Thanks, Muggel. You are right, some breeds get bad reps. I grew up with dobermans, and it is was always a hoot to see people running away from a dog that was scared by loud noises. And I doubt that the pit bull deserves the reputation it has, although like most terriers they can be aggressive compared to dogs that were bred for herding. Personally, I prefer bigger dogs.

Anyone interested in a response to Fragilis' question should check out my thread on choosing a dog. Too bad we can't move messages around.

Care and feeding?

Post 7

Outrider

Boxers are perfect family pets, if trained properly. Without training they are boysterous but still not aggressive.

They fill all the roles of Guard, companion, kids plaything. You name it, they'll do it!

Key: Complain about this post