A Conversation for Dogs

DOG LIKES TO LIE IN DOWNPOURS

Post 1

Charleychoons

MY DOG WILL NOT GO IN TO SHED AT NIGHT AND SLEEPS UNDER HEDGE,WHICH IS QUITE PROTECTIVE BUT HE ALSO SLEEPS OUT IN THE RAIN. YESTERDAY WAS POURING (CATS AND DOGS!) AND HE WAS ASLEEP ACROSS THE DRIVE, WOULD NOT GO INTO SHED OR UNDER HEDGE. PUT UMBRELLA OVER HIM BUT HE HOPPED OUT AND LAY DOWN ON THE WET GRASS IN THE DOWNPOUR. HE IS 7 SO IF HE WAS GOING TO GET PNEUMONIA HE SHOULD HAVE GOT IT BY NOW. HE DID CONDESCEND TO SLEEP IN THE PORCH DURING THE WORST OF THE SNOW AND SUB ZERO TEMPERATURES LAST WINDER.
ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO OR ADVICE ON WHETHER HE WILL BE OK OUTSIDE.


DOG LIKES TO LIE IN DOWNPOURS

Post 2

I'm not really here

What breed is he? Most dogs don't have a problem with rain, and their coats are designed to be waterproof (if their coats are normal dog coats and not ruined by selected breeding).

If you have a dog that's not native to your climate then probably you should bring him inside and shut the door, or create a windproof and possibly heated kennel for him. But if he chooses to sleep outside, then as long as he's healthy it's probably not doing him any harm. Call your vet if you are worried.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more