This is the Message Centre for Uncle Heavy [sic]

a blog. how very neo-webuser, dahling

Post 1

Uncle Heavy [sic]

unfortunately, as with everything, the self referential irony will be two notches above unbearable. see? ho hum.

current music: melonbeard, by the lone pidgeon.
current mood: talking to the woman. w00t! (how blog is *that*?)

i have a job. w00t. my parents are doubling whatever i earn (4.77 per hour, nhs salary watchers - about 7 dollars, more or less, lazy american currency conversion phobes). double w00t. i am a hospital porter. 5uxx0r. actually, t'aint too bad. the guys are nice, but a bit dim, some of them. i convinced one that lions were called the kings of the jungle because one species of them lives in tree tops and swings from bough to bough with claws clenched into creepers. i have yet to see a corpse, but there are enough frail and dying old ladies to elicit maximal response from the heavy sympathy gland.

i am looking forward to seeing my cyber girlfriend on friday. yay! its in brum, which means a three hour train ride. boo! she bought the tickets. yay! i feel like a scab. boo! unfortunately my overdraft is reaching critical mass, so thanks to her. all hail emily, king of dunsinane.

i want to buy some music. sadly, i have shit all money, as i have already said. but what should i buy? suggestions below. i mean it. and i wont be rude, unless you start obviously taking the piss, clearly.

all my friends seem to have got firsts, which overshadow my puny 2:2 with one flex of their mighty mind bicepular forces. i dont feel too bad, cos i reckon i can still outwit them, mano a (wo)mano in single banter combat. still, theyll all have poncy scholars gowns and supper, and look like proper oxford bozos. unemployment here i come.

Post 2

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

smiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Sorry, you made me laugh far too hard with that entry...

By the way, $7 an hour isn't all that bad over here. Minimum wage is around 5.75, I think, so seven bucks is almost good (at least in the part time crap job world). smiley - winkeye

Post 3

Abi

The trouble is the cost of living is higher over here. smiley - sadface

Still it is good to know that Unc is working for his living. Just wish my parents would double everything I earn! smiley - winkeye

Post 4

This is true. Things are a lot more expensive over there, but then, the quality is also a far cry higher than even the "good stuff" here. One of the things that still astounds me (and rather amazed my parents in sort of a "oh, we knew that, but hadn't really *realized* it yet" way) was the fact that you really can't buy true crap over there. Even the bad quality stuff is better than a lot of our middle-of-the-road stuff. smiley - yikes

Post 5

Abi

Oh you can... you just need to know where to buy it! smiley - winkeye

Post 6

I dunno... you didn't by chance visit a "dollar store" while you were in Boston, did you? That's the sort of junk I'm talking about... makes you wonder why people even bother to make it it's so cheap.

Post 7

Abi

We have similar sorts of stores, but as i didn't venture into one in Boston I cannot compare trashiness. smiley - smiley

Post 8

*wonders*

*turns forum back over to Unc and ensuing fans smiley - winkeye*

Post 9

Lady Scott

Oh yes, we have junk here. A true "throwaway" mentality, based on the fact that they just aren't making stuff that lasts over here.... or more accurately, importing stuff that lasts.

Just as an example, I needed to buy an new apple corer/sectioner a couple of weeks ago because the second one I've owned broke. The store we went to had a couple of different types. The one I bought was about $7. There was an imported one which had heavy all metal construction, and probably would have lasted a lot longer, but it was nearly 3 times the price. I opted for the one I bought because even though it had plastic around the metal cutting base (which is what broke on the old one), it also had rubbery grips on the handles, which keeps them from digging painfully into your hands as you're pushing it down on the apple. The other ones (both much cheaper ones and the outrageously expensive imported one) were designed with sharper edges on the handles which makes them painful to use. So... there's the alternatives: Moderately priced that will probably last at least 5-10 years but will be used frequently over those years because it's comfortable to use, or cheap that might last a year even though it's not comfortable to use, or expensive that would probably last the rest of my life, smiley - erm not that it makes much difference if it's so uncomfortable to use that it never gets used.

Post 10

Sergeant Mushroom

smiley - blackcat

I always use a knife to section apples- you get more of it thensmiley - erm

UH- why not avail yourself of the first Garbage cd? Since it's better than the second one...smiley - winkeye

Post 11

Uncle Heavy [sic]

does that count as piss taking?

Post 12

Clelba

who knows?
i can't comment since i have no opinions that count. and i don't buy music.
^. .^
= ' =
Guru
CommunityArtist

Post 13

Shea the Sarcastic

I would love to give you some music advice, but as I am a certified "old fart" the best I could do is to give you some ideas that may or may not be appealing in a retro sort of way. smiley - winkeye

Post 14

Emily 'Twa Bui' Ultramarine

I suggest you buy the seminal 'Plastic Letters' by Blondie. And then decide you don't like it and give it to me. smiley - winkeye

Post 15

Uncle Heavy [sic]

i suggest you buy a £"^$^*%^*££. then use it to "£^£$^£$& before @:@{}:;'[];. see?

Post 16

Don't be rude, boy.

Post 17

Uncle Heavy [sic]

whats wrong with buying a cake to give to dying children, before patting them on the head?

Post 18

Because you didn't mean that, and you know it, you facetious child. Go and stand in the corner. Go on!

Post 19

Uncle Heavy [sic]

she always bosses me

Post 20

Michele - Doily Mogul: Don't leave me! If you go there'll be no braincells in the room at all!

smiley - erm Well its about time. Someone needed to boss you around!

And as for music, I'm kinda into Cake lately (I don't know if I spelled their name right, I haven't seen it in print, have just been listening to a cd of it at work.) I love their lyrics!

...and you definitely need to go stand in the corner smiley - nahnah

smiley - whistle

Key: Complain about this post