This is the Message Centre for LL Waz

Getting hitched

Post 1

LL Waz

Got to journal that on a Hitchhikers site smiley - towel

Tomorrow, 12.30.

Not something I ever thought I'd do.

But I met this guy on the heath.

Not the caravan bloke, different guy, same heath.

This heath A636022.

Here's a ?

If I hadn't wanted to put my home village on the h2g2 map,

I wouldn't have researched the heath

If I hadn't researched the heath,

would I have gone on the working parties to help set up the reserve on it?

If I hadn't gone on the working parties, I'd not have run into this guy.

The first meal we shared, my ticket (it was a transport caf) was no. 42

As from 1.00 tomorrow, my RL initials will match these VL ones, LL.

If you read this, share a smiley - bubbly for us.

He is the best thing that has ever happened for me - definitely my one in several billion.

Tomorrow nothing changes, except those initials,

nothing changes between us I mean. Our lives already run together.

Tomorrow is some kind of acknowledgement, marks an event, celebrates being together, shares it with family.

And then, two weeks shared in Scotland. He's going to see the Hebrides.

Waz

Getting hitched

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - bubbly

All the best luck in the world, Waz. Thanks for sharing.

smiley - loveGBsmiley - smooch

Getting hitched

Post 3

J

That's sort of beautiful Waz. I'm so happy for you. smiley - smiley

Getting hitched

Post 4

Websailor

smiley - drumroll That is lovely news. You kept that a bit quiet. Thanks for telling us. Sounds like it was meant to be.

Enjoy the Hebrides and then come back and tell us all about it ..... well, not ALL, just the rest of it smiley - tongueincheek

smiley - bubblysmiley - giftsmiley - goodluck

Websailor smiley - dragon

Getting hitched

Post 5

Speaking for myself, *I* wanna hear ALLsmiley - winkeye

Getting hitched

Post 6

Pinniped

Tell you something true, kindred spirit. I wished this for you from the day I met you.
You deserve this happiness more than anyone I know, because you care so much, and you never complain, and you are so wise, and you are so modest and patient that it's almost criminal.
And you will undoubtedly be the most demure bride ever.
(There now, look, you've made me blub)
Your true friend, sharing your joy
Pin smiley - hug

Getting hitched

Post 7

Hypatia

This is absolutely lovely news. I wish the two of you many, many years of happiness. smiley - bubbly

H

Getting hitched

Post 8

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - bubbly Best wishes, you.smiley - hug

Getting hitched

Post 9

Beatrice

What a wonderful tale! Wishing you much happiness through the years smiley - bubbly

Getting hitched

Post 10

smiley - grovel*prays the 'orrible weather will stay south of the blushing bride*

*hangs around waiting for bouquet*

Getting hitched

Post 11

U168592

Wonderful, it's good luck for rain on a wedding day - my parents tied the knot on a wet day, still together 30 odd years on.

Wishing you many years of further joy smiley - smiley

Getting hitched

Post 12

AlsoRan80

Friday 15th May 2009 8,55

Dearest Waz.

Oh my dear I wish you both ever so much happiness - if indeed it is possible to achieve more happiness.

You have had a wonderful courting period. I have loved the tales of all your travels from the north to the south. The latest one must have been when you decided that you wanted to be together every minute of every day of every year. ! Always. !!

I hope you will share your very happy day with us. I am sure that the family are just be thrilled. I suppose I should have guessed when two homes were being redecorated. Foolish me!1.

Well my loving thoughts will be with you both every minute of today so that I shall be there in spirit when you tie the know. Pinneped is right when he says that he suspected it.

Give lovely Shropshire a big loud Hail from one of its great admirers. And have a wonderfully happy day my very dear friend with your wonderful partner for life happiness companionship and sharing.

Your very happy and admiring
Christiane
AlsoRan.

Getting hitched

Post 13

Willem

Congratulations Waz! smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly (even though I don't drink it!)

I really hope your guy realises *he* has found one in several billion as well.

Getting hitched

Post 14

AlsoRan80

Friday 15th May 2009 19.30

Very dear willem,

O am sure that he has. I feel such an ass not having realised what was going on. !! She has been telling me about this "friend" for yoincks and I read about all their travels and the beautiful places they went to and never suspected it. !!

I am so pleased and I am sure that they are really going to be totally happy together.

Groente to your parents,

Christiane
AR70

Getting hitched

Post 15

Trout Montague

It's all grand. Well done.

Getting hitched

Post 16

Not-so-bald-eagle

smiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rose

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

smiley - discosmiley - discosmiley - disco

Getting hitched

Post 17

johnredbear

Many blessings to you. It is good to see your joy at this thing. I wish you both long life and that you will be messengers of peace one to another.
JR

Getting hitched

Post 18

minorvogonpoet

This is great news, Llwaz.

Congratulations smiley - bubbly and the best of smiley - goodluck

I suspected from your Valentine that something was going on!
'I met a guy on the heath'

Getting hitched

Post 19

LL Waz

smiley - hug to all. Thank you.

I did read the thread on the day but it wasn't a morning for posting. It was a wonderful day, we had a wonderful time in the Lake District and Scotland and it's all been, and is, just good. Deep down, fundamentally good.

I was wrong about nothing changing but the initials. It was like some foundation stone shifted a bit and bedded in.

I'll catch up with h2g2 (and the Underguide) soon. Had to work extra in RL to catch up there after taking leave just before the auditors came in. Then there's the aftermath of not telling anyone other than family that we were getting married ... (I left them a note attached to a cake at work - thought the nine days wonder would be over by the time I got back. Not so! Still fishing shredded paper out of desk drawers at the office.) It's been fun though. Then there's the mountain of paperwork attached to changing your name. And there's the now surplus house to sort out. And the butterfly season's started. Spent Sunday counting Fritillaries in the Stiperstones. On Monday the first of this year's Silver-studded blues on the Prees Heath was seen. Had a picnic there yesterday, and there's already lots of them. All brand new and perfect. It was so good to see them again. And to see them all over one of the bits where we cut the old heather down to let new growth in.

smiley - bluebutterflysmiley - orangebutterfly

Got to get to work smiley - run

Getting hitched

Post 20

Websailor

Lovely to hear from you Waz. Glad everything went well. I thought the foundation stone bedded in too when I got married. In spite of what people think, it does make a difference.

smiley - goodlucksmiley - giftsmiley - bubbly for the future.

Lucky you, all those butterflies - they are few and far between here, the weather has been so unsettled.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Key: Complain about this post