A Conversation for h2g2 FAQ: Your Journal

Post 21

threesecondmemory

How are you getting on?

Post 22

Rothers

I have just found this site, after reading "The Salmon of Doubt".. please be gentle...

Post 23

pedboy

Welcome Rothers, I too discovered this wonderful place from "The salmon of doubt". After reading that book I felt sad , because the world is missing a wonderful mind, and it was brought back to me when I read that book. This is a great site with wonderful readings to find, I still am amazed by the depth of topics here.
pedboy -keeper of smelly Veeblefetzers and expert on all things shallow
smiley - zensmiley - towel

Post 24

threesecondmemory

Welcome to h2g2. Anything I can help you with, or a chat, stop by my space by clicking on my nickname.

Post 25

ponytailu

hey I just got here too, have no clue what i,m doing.surprised I even got this far!! nice to meet you everyone!! keep smiling..

Post 26

ponytailu

here I am again tee heee

Hi Newbie

Post 27

Anarane

Hiya smiley - smiley
h2g2 takes a bit of patience to get the hang of how to use it but dont worry, you'll get there! smiley - disco
I still dont know the full works of it myself yet and ive been a user for just under a year.

Take Care
smiley - rainbowArwensmiley - rainbow

Hi Newbie

Post 28

Jim

Hi Everyone,

This is my first message, wonder if i'm doing this right. I heard about this site from 'Salmon of doubt', excellent book! Anyway just thought i'd say hello to everyone and i'll talk later. Bye for now.

Hi Newbie

Post 29

threesecondmemory

Jim if you activate your space then people can drop by and say hello. click on update page whilst on your space and write a little about yourself.

Post 30

Gypsy

Hi! Newbie. I am also new here. You have done a lot better than me. I have not quite figured out what is going on as of yet. You did good to post an entry. I still have not figured that one out. I have gotten replies and hellos from my space. Which I appreciated very much. I have been able to respond to postings, I have even learned how to do smileyssmiley - biggrin Learning more everyday. See you around and Welcome

Post 31

threesecondmemory

Welcome to you too! smiley - smiley

Post 32

Researcher 209804

How on earth do you add the emoticons and other pictures??

Post 33

threesecondmemory

Click on a smiley and it will take you to the simely page, where you will find a cornacopia of smileys and instructions on how to use them.

As a quick intro, try typing : ) but without the space in the middle. then try ; ) without the space.

As fo rth emore advance stuff, it's really easy. IF you know the name of the smiley you just surround the name with < >

eg. - < cheers >
= smiley - cheers

< ok > = smiley - ok

If you are using internet explorer, hover your mouse pointer over the smiley and the name will appear in the grey status bar, bottom left.

If you are using digital tv to view h2g2 though, don't use smileys, they can sometimes crash you viewer.

smiley - ok

smiley - nursesmiley - discosmiley - wowsmiley - alesmiley - stiffdrink

Post 34

Researcher 209804

Excellent, ta very much smiley - smiley

Post 35

Joseph

Hello to you Newbie. I, to, am a new one. Have not quite figured it out yet. Good luck, now where's the way out? Oh, here it is.

Post 36

threesecondmemory

Leaving so soon?

Post 37

.WENDYWOOS

I still cant get 2 grips with h2g2!! lol I know its simple but Im even simpler smiley - drool

Post 38

threesecondmemory

smiley - laugh

Is there anything in particular you are struggling with?

Post 39

.WENDYWOOS

Nothing in particular, think its just the whole lot, lol.. AND the blue box errors my digi-box keeps throwing out :@)

Post 40

Gypsy

I am a newbie also. I have not learned how to use everything, but am looking forward, I have learned a littlesmiley - biggrin. I have been away, just had surgery on my eye, nothing major, Just had to stay away from CP for a while

Key: Complain about this post