A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

!" 67Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 981

logicus tracticus philosophicus

well i am a male single and after haveing contributed to the state for thirty years+ not only is the state prepared to let me starve,but seem will also let be be evicted ,then they will pay almost three times my "houseing costs" to a private landlord.

Assertive with the patience of a saint,the eyes of a hawk and the tenacity of a rottweiler with some offices,knowing the system helps
but when the system keeps changeing ,and "rules are interpeted" according to which "system" you are going through it gets confuseing.

Post 982

Amos the Ranchhand (and Driver)

*horses can be heard outside, as groombots ride past with a remuda of riderless horses and pack mules, in the direction of h2g2 farm*

Post 983

Titania (gone for lunch)

I'm only a second-rate cynic...*relieved sigh* and 'actually not cynical as world weary, and sometimes I have a point'

Post 984

U195408

Z -

I think the lunchtime drink is just her way of starting slowly, to check things out. It doesn't mean anything necessarily. Good luck!

dave

67Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 985

Z

I do hope so, .. and she got back to me really quickly.

*Z obbesses a bit*

Post 986

Hati

smiley - goodluck Z smiley - smiley

Post 987

Z

She is very different from the other girls I've gone out with.. sort of normal..

Post 988

Ivan the Terribly Average

[Ivan]

Post 989

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

No time to read 80 posts, kids are over.

Post 990

Titania (gone for lunch)

Happy Birthday Hati!smiley - bubbly

Post 991

SE

[spk, whose last calling card was in binary due to a damn printing error smiley - winkeye]

Post 992

Witty Moniker

Shotgun house: A long, narrow residence where the front door lines up with the back door. Hence, you can shot a bullet through the front door and it will whiz right out the back door. It's a good idea to open both doors before firing.

Post 993

Hati

smiley - ta Titania smiley - smiley

Post 994

Coniraya

Thanks Witty, for clearing that one up. I now have visions of builders, carpenters and joiners firing shot guns several times before getting the back door successfully lined up with the front door smiley - sillysmiley - laugh

I shall loads of time tomorrow get chores and things done with the 24 hour shut down of hootoo. See you all on the other side.

I shall be tenterhooks waiting to hear how the date goes, Z. smiley - goodluck

Post 995

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Matina begins putting things away for the fooplet*

Post 996

Z

smiley - erm Hang on, it's from midnight on Tuesday to the early hours of Wednesday - that isn't 24 hours is it? that's just a few hours..

Post 997

U195408

*wakes up*

Matina, would it be terribly rude to ask for 1,000 cups of tea right now?

*grins evilly*

Post 998

Coniraya

I have just rechecked the announcement and you are right, Z. smiley - blush

I am somewhat relieved, but perhaps I should have done some of those chores today after all!

Post 999

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Midnight on Tuesday is zero hundred hours on Tuesday. GMT of course. Real soon.

I'm going to get some sleep while it's happening. Y'all are welcome to use the guest rooms, head down to the brand new movie screening room, or just get some drinks and cling to the nearest sofa. Matina and Chloe will be locking themselves in the linen closet for the duration.

*heads for her apartments then stops dead*

Have we got anything to keep the fFordean Rift quiet during this little interregnum?

Post 1000

Z

I'd call that midnight on Monday.. Hummm I do hope that this is just an unfortunate typing error. Mind you I wouldn't be online much tomorrow, the evening is a Univesity gliding club social event.

(VIp has persuaded me to join the univerisitys new Real Ale drinking society, now there's something that looks bad on your CV)

Key: Complain about this post