A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

82Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1901

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

I'd be a bit worried about meeting anybody through a chat line. Unfortunately, single people don't have many dating options. I've known lots of people who were unable to get along in person with other people, but had rich dating lives online.

Speaking of chatlines and dating, check out this link. If you're offended by bad language and descriptions of naughty activity, this is not the page for you. It is, however, EXTREMELY funny. It's not too bad - all the really coarse words are asterisked out.

http://www.adamchance.com/funny.htm

Sold a mask without planning to this weekend - yay! A dollop of money to throw toward bills and suchlike. I usually work on my leather masks at the bar, and yesterday I'd taken one of my finished pieces so everybody could see what it looked like when done. Before I knew it, somebody was asking me if I sold these masks, and if they could buy *that* one. It's a Bacchus mask - grape leaves and bunches of grapes around a antique gold-finished domino.

What's funny to me is that I planned to take it to the local winery for a consignment sale, and now I'll have to make another one! Dang it. What a problem to have.

The attic continues to be a problem... I went up there to prepare for fixing the joist, and found that a crossbeam had also cracked. Looking at the crossbeam, I shot my glance sideways and saw that a rafter had developed a long crack and looked a little bent. Great... Fixing rafters is out of my depth. I can fix the crossbeam and the joist, but the rafter will take a professional.

It does seem to be Lurgy Season. (It's rabbit season! No, duck season!) There's something in the air that got stirred up with our measly bit of rain, and Sunday both R. and I were suffering. Sinuses running like a firehose full of salty water, eyes watering, general unpleasantness. I went and got some antihistamine, and that's all we can really do - just ride it out.

Post 1902

Nope, I was wrong - some of the coarse words are right there for all to see. Sorry! Guess I'll have to wash my eyes with soap... smiley - winkeye

Post 1903

Afgncaap5

[Affy]

Post 1904

Mrs Zen

How satisfying to sell a mask like that Lentilla - but scary news about the joists and beams and things. smiley - erm

I've put the photos I took in Bristol up on my site. Essentially they are a series of close-ups of walls. I have tried to capture the variety of textures in a very specific location.

Now - Life on Mars.....

B

Post 1905

Mrs Zen

Doh!

http://www.agirlcalledben.co.uk/ElmwoodRoadBS2/index.html

Ben

Post 1906

Lady Chattingly

Ben, I just checked out your photos of the walls. Very interesting.
In fact, I peeked at all of your photos. I especially liked the ones taken in December, 2005. Good job!!!

Post 1907

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I fear I might be coming down with something. smiley - erm A weekend in public places, eating in crowded restaurants, sitting through Quaker Meeting with a handful of coughers... and the sort of chill you get from 5 hours of driving. I have a headache and some joint ache to go with it. But clients are piling up at the door!

Post 1908

Bagpuss

Ooh, new wallpaper .

Post 1909

Mrs Zen

Why can't I ever go to bed on time?

Still, I have had a productive evening, sorting out photos and papers and filing boxes.

I do have a tall stack of Papers to Deal With, but I can probably Deal With them this week.

There's a cold wind a blowin' through the kitchen and up the stairs for some reason though.

G'night everyone.

B

Post 1910

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]

Post 1911

FG

[fg]

Post 1912

Afgncaap5

I can't ever seem to go to bed early either. I always try to get to bed by eleven...

But then one or two AM rolls around, and I'm still trying to finish work.

Post 1913

These days, if I don't go to bed on time, I fall asleep on the couch! My body evidently isn't interested in those all-nighters like I used to have when I was young. Like last year.

Post 1914

Lady Chattingly

All nighters?? I can't remember them. We can't seem to greet the New Year anymore...........However, I wake up about 3:00 am and am awake until 6:00 or so. It's not a problem anymore, since we are retired.............smiley - biggrin

Post 1915

SE

i wake up at 7.40 and go to bed between 1 and 2am

Post 1916

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I go to bed when it is bedtime (somewhere between 10pm and 1am) and wake up at 5:45am.

Post 1917

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*comes in wearing bathrobe and slippers, in search of anticoffee*

Post 1918

Afgncaap5

[Affy]

Post 1919

Anticoffee doesn't exist in my universe.

Good night all.

Post 1920

Sol

Good news about Z's Grandad!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more