A Conversation for FU on tour. Part 2: The intergalactic years

Complicity

Post 1

Barquing

Right, I'm bemused. Did this ever get a cinema release outside Scotland? Comedto think of it did it even get a release _in_ Scotland. I read a rather lukewarm review of it a while back on Inside Film, and now I see that its coming out on video in early June. A bit of a peculiar fate for a film which could probably have done very nicely (Iain Banks book, Jonny Lee Miller etc.) had it been promoted.

Any one seen it?

Complicity

Post 2

FilmFan

That's not good news, is it? I wasn't even aware it had finished post-production. It must be REALLY bad if they're burying it like that. Pity too, as it's one of the few books I'd've actually read BEFORE the film came out...

Complicity

Post 3

gillian

I'm the same here- I knew it was being made- probably because one of you had mentioned it, but had no idea it had been released and even as a listener of Radio Scotland have heard no reviews to date- although I do frequently defect to radio 4, so I could've missed it. I have just finished the book which was ok, nothing special- even though my husband would remark every so ofetn over my shoulder "Good, isn't it?" johnny lee miller though? Doesn't fit the picture in my head of Cameron Colley- i saw him more as a Douglas Henshall (but maybe that's because Doug is always on my mind...)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more