A Conversation for FU on tour. Part 2: The intergalactic years

Found You

Post 1

Seona

haha, I finally made it. So place your bets that the boards will be working properly tomorrow *l*. So, what have I missed? Fill me in!

Found You

Post 2

FilmFan

Tsk. Really, Seona - I do think you *might* have thanked me... Young people today, I don't know...

*profuse thankyous*

Post 3

Seona

sorry sorry sorry. I did mean to of course. but I've been rather caught up with my gawjuuuus new icq 2000,

all this time and you're alone??

Post 4

Barquing

any sign of any other newsies?

Post 5

Poobie

Hi there barquing. Back at my work station (hah hah) after a 10-day break. You well?

Post 6

Barquing

Still here and still somewhat bemused by the lack of Guardian talkboards. Damn 'em all.

Hurrah!

Post 7

FilmFan

Hello Poobie! Glad you made it. Did you have a good break?

Hurrah!

Post 8

Poobie

A most pleasing break thanks! And another one is on the horizon ...

But I didn't see any films at the cinema. Absolutely nothing available of any appeal (except for teh Tigger movie) . Got Hideous Kinky out of the video emporium and the more I ponder it, the more dreadful I found it...

Hurrah!

Post 9

FilmFan

With Poobie and Withnail safely accounted for, can we now assume that "PBradshaw" is indeed DJ? As for the FilmU boards, someone raised a rather worrying point - is it possible they'll just be dumped if they can't fix them?

Hurrah!

Post 10

Poobie

You might be onto something there FF ... I'm a little surprised that DJ hasn't made himself know...

Apparently the glitch on the boards is pretty minor so I reckon if they dump them they'll have to dump some of their techies as well!

Hurrah!

Post 11

Barquing

I can't see them ditching the talkboards, afterall - who would visit the sites otherwise? They've got themselves a neat little comunity there and I doubt they'd want to split it all up at the drop of a hat.

I notice that the News site has undergone a reasonably major facelift though, so perhaps the talkboards have just been put on the back burner for a while, although having said that - there doesn't seem to be a link to the news talkboards anymore.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Hurrah!

Post 12

Barquing

further to that, there's this message on the "Whats changed on the site" page:

"What's happening with our talk boards
For some days we have been unable to provide full access to our talk boards. This is due to technical problems we have encountered, which our staff are working to solve as a priority. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing Guardian Unlimited users, not least because we are missing your lively and informed online discussions. Please bear with us, and thank you for your patience. "

glum

Post 13

Seona

I miss my little talkboards, there is less stuff for me to waste time on now!

Hurrah!

Post 14

phineas

Well, that sounds quite hopeful then. I sent an email off last night so I'll post the reply if I get one.

Hurrah!

Post 15

PBradshaw

The longer the talkboards are broken, the longer I can put off having this "live chat" everyone is so obsessed with. "Result", as I believe you provincials say.

Key: Complain about this post