A Conversation for Brassieres

What myriad hues?

Post 1

Wand'rin star

Anything bigger than a 36C and the colours are black, white or "flesh". Any woman who really did have flesh this colour would be more in need of an undertaker than a corsetiere.When I win the lottery personally tailored bras are top of the shopping list.

What myriad hues?

Post 2

Elico

You really must stop shopping at M&S! I agree that bras in The UK are generally rather sober. They have a far greater variety in the States and also here in Malaysia - but unfortunately, here, sizes tend to be tiny. My seventeen-year-old daughter is in her element; she has never had such choice for her burgeoning bust!! smiley - smiley

I hope you win the lottery - perhaps you can begin a whole new industry!

What myriad hues?

Post 3

Peta

That's very true. Why are all the bigger sizes always sold out and all the little ones left. Because women with bigger busts buy more bras? D'oh. Why doesn't anyone tell M&S that!! smiley - smiley

What myriad hues?

Post 4

Wand'rin star

I recently bought a purple lace 38D in a factory outlet in Shenzhen (just over the Chinese border)
It's fractionally too small,but I knew that when I tried it on - in the middle of a shop with 27 Chinese customers taking more interest in my underwear than their own. I didn't blush, but they did - especially the men

What myriad hues?

Post 5

Cheerful Dragon

My husband bought me a very sexy bra in wine red, size 38D, from M&S (actually, it was a full set), so they do do other colours. I have also seen 36D and above in cream and in navy blue.

What myriad hues?

Post 6

Gwennie

I'm sort of a 34C, so am a fairly common size however, I do have one problem....

What about us poor souls that have one boob larger than the other?

Also, I need differing sizes to wear, depending on what time of the month it is too! smiley - smiley

What myriad hues?

Post 7

Lupa Mirabilis, Serious Inquisitor

All the little ones left?? On an entire rack I'm lucky if I find a single 34A.

What myriad hues?

Post 8

Elico

Try holidaying in Malaysia or Thailand to stock up. Bras sizes start at 28A!! A cups are more common here than any other. smiley - smiley

What myriad hues?

Post 9

Wand'rin star

Likewise Hong Kong/China and many of them are silk. Once you have worn silk undies anything else is ordinary,but they don't have anything for me - I shall keep looking though.What M & S are good for is bras for large ladies that don't have wires. I hate wires in hot countries.
When I was a student I used to dye underwear so that I had matching sets, but I'm not sure the local Chinese laundry (called "Everyday Fun") can cope with that

What myriad hues?

Post 10

Bumblebee

If you find one with 42E or F- cups, let me know. I have given up being picky about the colours, as long as I can find a bra that fits.
I seldom do.

What myriad hues?

Post 11

Cheerful Dragon

The vast majority of women have one breast bigger than the other. I certainly do, but it's only noticeable when I'm starkers. The real problem comes when the difference is a cup size or more, which mine isn't (thankfully).

The 'time of the month' thing is also quite common, as breasts tend to swell around then. I just grin and bear it, as I can't be bothered to keep different sizes for different times.

What myriad hues?

Post 12

Lupa Mirabilis, Serious Inquisitor

Yow. Too bad I can't afford plane fare....

What myriad hues?

Post 13

Penguin Girl - returned at last

I have that problem too...I do have "myriad colors" for most of the time(36B), but all I can find for that time of the month(36 or 38C) is black or flesh. That's never really bothered me after I figured out that was why my bras only fit part of the time.
-

What myriad hues?

Post 14

Princess Bride

my problem is i never REALLY know what size i am. it's sad. so i just get an approximation, and try it on, and then if it fits all right, i get it because i hate shopping for bras. with a passion i hate it. if you get the wrong size you then have to go and find the same style with the new size you think you are, and if that's wrong, back again. i don't like it. unfortunately i feel uncomfortable if i don't wear one at all. so i guess i'm stuck.

What myriad hues?

Post 15

I know, me too. But I was still growing for a while there... I just can't seem to figure out if I've stopped.

What myriad hues?

Post 16

Princess Bride

Yeah. I think the sizing is pretty confusing myself. And I hate shopping for them. But I already said that. But tehy wear out, and then, you have to buy more. And they're EXPENSIVE too. $15-20 for a decent one. Guys have it easy. smiley - sadface I'm whiny I guess..

Working out your bra size.

Post 17

Cheerful Dragon

There are two measurements you need to know to determine your bra size. The following instructions are in inches 'cos that's the only way I can do it!

1. Measure under your bust. If the value is odd, add 5. If it is even, add 4. This is your bra size.
2. Measure over your bust at the widest point.
3. Subtract measurement 1 from measurement 2. If they are the same, you need an A cup. 1 inch difference = B, 2 inches ==C, and so on.

Some shops offer a bra fitting service and allow you to try the bras on to find a good fit. Once you find a make that suits you, stick with it because different makes fit differently!

Post 18

Princess Bride

Thanks so much! I will use it! smiley - smiley

Post 19

Um.. It sort of works. But according to that I'm a 34 C. I though I was 36B. Oh well.

Post 20

Princess Bride

Very interesting. According to that I'm a 38C. Weird. I think I wear a 36C right now.

Key: Complain about this post