A Conversation for Crater Labs, Inc.

Temporal Quantification Dome

Post 1

Afgncaap5

*Affy, star charts in hand, enters the Dome while wearing his space suit (just in case). He enters, the door closes, and some lights blink. After a few minutes, he exits, checks some updated star charts on the computer and compares them to his hard copy*

*Nodding at the expected results, Affy decides to go to the Atelier for a break*

Post 2

Afgncaap5

*Affy comes back down, dons his space suit again, and re-enters the Dome, making sure to put it in lockdown when he enters*

Post 3

Afgncaap5

*Affy emerges from the dome again, and checks the updated star charts with his hard copy. Noting the somewhat unusual results, he decides to head up to the Atelier for a break (removing his space suit first)*

Post 4

Afgncaap5

*An incredibly nervous Affy returns from the Atelier, and enters the TQD (after redonning his space suit)*

Post 5

Afgncaap5

*Affy emerges from the dome and doffs the space suit. He checks his paper copy against the current online star charts and gawks at what he sees. He decides that a trip up to the Atelier is urgently required*

Post 6

Afgncaap5

*An incredibly nervous Affy returns from the Atelier, and enters the TQD (after redonning his space suit)*

Post 7

Afgncaap5

*Affy exits the TQD, and removes his space suit. He checks the online star charts against his hard copy, and he stumbles backward, tripping over his own feet. After standing up, he quickly runs to the Atelier, not noticing his own sense of deja vu*

Post 8

Afgncaap5

*Running faster than he normally does with an Exex spell cast, he somehow dives into his spacesuit and runs back into the TQD*

Post 9

Afgncaap5

*Affy exits the TQD, and removes his space suit. He checks the online star charts against his hard copy, and he stumbles backward, tripping over his own feet. After standing up, he quickly runs to the Atelier, not noticing his own sense of deja vu*

Post 10

Afgncaap5

*Running faster than he normally does with an Exex spell cast, he somehow dives into his spacesuit and runs back into the TQD*

Post 11

Afgncaap5

Post 12

Afgncaap5

*Affy zips into the room, and begins pacing back and forth*

Okayokayokay,I'vegottathink...

Salonistasgone,replacedbyaliensfromanotherdimension,gottafindtherealonesbeforeitstoolate.Theyknowhowtoslowtime,meaningthatIneedmyExexspellactiveatalltimes,ergoImustfindsomesortofeasymagicboostorsomething,likeaYonkspell,that'ddoquitenicely.

Hmmm,thoughthatmaynotbenecessary,I'vegotadevicespeciallydesignedfortemporalanomalymonitoringandmanipulation,perhapstheTQDcouldcounteractsomeofwhatisgoingon!

*He quickly finishes putting on his space suit, and jumps into the TQD which closes, going into full lockdown mode*

Post 13

Witty Moniker

*Witty arrives at the bottom of the stairwell just outside the door to the Temporal Quantification Dome. She knows that it is the TQD, because that is what the little sign on the door says.

She knocks on the door.*

Affy. AFFY!

Are you in there?

Post 14

Agapanthus

*Ag arrives at the bottom of the stairwell complete with navy towel (recovered from Kelli), and joins Witty near the door*

Should we try the door handle? When everyone else gets here of course.

Post 15

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*arrives*

I don't like that door handle. It's orange. We've learned over the years that all CLI sentient technology comes with an orange button, the pressing of which causes completely unpredictable results. Seeing an orange door handle tells me that this door is sentient. And turning the handle, well, you get the picture.

*Closely inspects the number pad above the door*

Ahem... Door! What is the clue for, ah, remembering the entry code?

Since earlier in the post we read that the dome is locked down, I assume that this door is locked and probably booby-trapped.

Post 16

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Finally arrives*

An orange door knob! Good heavens! Just call this off now shall we? *grins*

Post 17

Santragenius V

*saunters in*

Numbered pad? Anything in the Islington phone book?

Post 18

Ripley the unau

*comes waddling in, trying to look as if he couldn't be bothered while in fact being quite curious*

*stops*

*looks around*

Post 19

Agapanthus

Hmm. I think time has somehow slowed down outside the dome. Is this because Affy is in there and he is clearly in some kind of speeded up bubble of reality? And the technology in there is trying to compensate? Did that take me as long to say as I thought it did?

Post 20

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

And Ripley seems to be moving faster than usual.

*waits for the "forgot your password?" question clue*

Key: Complain about this post