A Conversation for United States of America (USA)

National Characteristics

Post 1

Ferdinand the Imposter

Each country has its own national characteristics, as this simple analogy explains...

There is a beautiful deserted island in the middle of nowhere where the following people are stranded:

2 Italian men and 1 Italian woman
2 French men and 1 French woman
2 German men and 1 German woman
2 Greek men and 1 Greek woman
2 English men and 1 English woman
2 Bulgarian men and 1 Bulgarian woman
2 American men and 1 American woman
2 Irish men and 1 Irish woman

One month later on this absolutely stunning deserted island in the middle of nowhere, the following has occurred:
· One Italian man killed the other Italian man for the Italian woman.
· The two French men and the French woman are living happily together in a menage a trois.
· The 2 German men have a strict weekly schedule of when they alternate with the German woman.
· The 2 Greek men are sleeping with each other and the Greek woman is cleaning and cooking for them.
· The 2 English men are waiting for someone to introduce them to the English woman.
· The Bulgarian men took a long look at the endless ocean and one look at the Bulgarian woman and then started swimming.
· The two American men are contemplating the virtues of suicide, while the American woman keeps on bitching about her body being too fat, the true nature of feminism, how she can do everything that they can do, but still expects to be treated as a princess, about the necessity of fulfillment, the equal division of household chores, how her relationship with her mother is improving, and how her last boyfriend respected her opinion and treated her much nicer. But at least the taxes are low and it is not raining.
· The Irish began by dividing the island into North and South and by setting up a distillery. They do not remember if sex is in the picture because it gets sort of foggy after the first few litres of coconut whiskey, but at least the English are not getting any.

National Characteristics

Post 2

M

I agree that the Americans can be Big,Brash as well as being rather abrasive in manner. However they can also be very kind and caring. I was recently ucky enough to take my family on Holiday to Florida and experience the lifestyle for myself. On the whole everyone we met was interesting and polite to us and as for the 'men dresses in animal suits' all I can say is that the look on my childrens faces is something I'll remember for a long time. The magic of the Magic kingom is obvious for the children but for us grown ups the magic is still there all be it in a different form

Wait til you read this

Post 3

Researcher 31974 aka Gemini

You have, also, forgotten the Americans ability to make up laws that are beyond reason. If you don't believe me. Check this site
www.dumblaws.com

Wait til you read this

Post 4

Speckie

You might have dumb laws but we started all that mullarky in England.

National Characteristics

Post 5

Bmat

Ferdinand! Thank you for the funny post! LOL!

National Characteristics

Post 6

Celina

Thank you for not judging all Americans on someone else's joke! I know that we can be hypocrital and shallow, but that's often the media and government. The rest of us write comments like these or just laugh at the whole thing.

Wait til you read this

Post 7

Researcher 39486

Americans do not make laws that are beyond belief, lawyers make laws that are beyond belief. Lawyers can not be considered americans. This is why so many of them go to live in Washington D.C. which is not considered a state of the United States.

It's unfortunate how people judge others

Post 8

sassy gal

Living next door to the USA and having met numerous Americans... I can truthfully say that the majority I have met are truly wonderful people. They are kind and generous. The unfortunate thing is that the "ugly Americans" the brash, bossy...ones with "Attitude" are the ones who get the attention from the media..and the ones foreigners remember. They travel around the world..demanding..in other countries.. insulting facets of other cultures... and that tends to give people from other countries the impression that all Americans are like that. Once a stereo-type is formed..it is very hard to get people to change their minds.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more