A Conversation for The Café

The Music Group

Post 1

Bluebottle

What this cafe really needs is a room in which to talk about music - especially how great the Beatles are.

The Music Group

Post 2

Nihilism in five easy steps

So you don't want to talk about music then? Ok, maybe the Beatles are alright, but they've been so overplayed it's like listening to muzak now.

The Beatles

Post 3

Bluebottle

That's a little harsh, isn't it? And they only play certain songs - there are lots of very-well written songs on some albums that aren't as popular as they deserve to be. Surely you're not tired of every song?
Anyway, what is your music preference?

The Beatles

Post 4

I have sworn unconditional devotion/am hopelessly addicted to Suede and Morrissey/The Smiths. Otherwise I try to have a varied musical diet. And you?

The Beatles

Post 5

Bluebottle

Mainly Beatles, though anything from Straus through Gilbert & Sullivan to Wings, Queen, Wham! and the Lighthouse Family.

The Beatles

Post 6

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I never even knew this was here! smiley - smiley

Oh well, we made Peta's Picks, so I'm celebrating by offering everyone free coffee... and in the process I'm finding lots of new forums in here smiley - smiley

~Irving

The Beatles

Post 7

Flattery and coffee is all very well, but what we really want is your take on the Beatles.

The Beatles

Post 8

Do you like George Michael's solo output?

The Beatles

Post 9

I'm personally not a huge George Michael fan. I am, however a Beatles fan. I will concede that alot of their stuff is overplayed. In fact, I don't listen to them now nearly as much as I used to. I was having a discussion with my room mate the other night about "my favorite rock group ever". I couldn't pick one. But I would call the Beatles the best group, simply based on overall quality output, and sphere of influence. They revolutionized the recording process, including some changes that I'm not crazy about. But we would have very little of what we're now used to in music, if it were not for the Four.

~Irving

The Beatles

Post 10

Bluebottle

I think that there are many good quality Beatles songs that simply aren't played - people tend to only listen to what they've already listened to, which is monotonous.
As for George - I like some of his stuff....

George

Post 11

Mindless rambler

Which one: Harrison or Michael? And of course which one's the most controversial-

George

Post 12

Bluebottle

A bit of both, really. More music-wise though.

George

Post 13

I just want to say that the Blues Traveler Live Show on the 4th of July at Red Rocks in Colorado was the greatest Concert I've ever seen.

Key: Complain about this post