A Conversation for The Café

The Café: 2002, Like A Fresh Cup of Coffee

Post 1

Bumblebee

smiley - planetsmiley - starsmiley - moonsmiley - starsmiley - earthsmiley - planetsmiley - starsmiley - moonsmiley - starsmiley - earthsmiley - planetsmiley - starsmiley - moonsmiley - starsmiley - earthsmiley - planetsmiley - star<msmiley - moonsmiley - starsmiley - earthsmiley - planetsmiley - starsmiley - moonsmiley - starsmiley - earth
Suddenly, seemingly without any warning, a new revolt around the sun has begun. And we, we have no choice but to hang on and enjoy the ride. Will 2002 be as bumpy as '01?
In this cosy little café, the proprietor, Irv Washington, still hasn't come back from his last trip. In his absence, his caretakers continue the good old traditions and keeps the café open at all times.
The IIEM, the Infinite Improbability Espresso Machine, have had it's filters changed and been given a good polish. It stands straight and proud beside the counter, emitting small coffee-tainted burps. IIEM will serve you any beverage in this universe and maybe the next, but all without alcohol.
Sometimes, if you're lucky, Bluebottle will make you the most wonderful cup of smiley - tea Oh yes, the real stuff! smiley - biggrin
Small groups of soft comfortable chairs is scattered around the room. In front of the fireplace stands a big deep purple sofa, and in the "music-department" you find a pianola with a lot of extra rolls and a big 50's-looking jukebox.
By the counter you find fresh newspapers and a smiley - magic tin of cookies, always full of freshly baked biscuits and cookies.
Welcome to the café!
smiley - coffeesmiley - cappuccinosmiley - teasmiley - cakesmiley - ojsmiley - strawberrysmiley - coffeesmiley - donutsmiley - coffeesmiley - cappuccinosmiley - teasmiley - cakesmiley - ojsmiley - strawberrysmiley - coffeesmiley - donutsmiley - coffeesmiley - cappuccinosmiley - teasmiley - cake

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Am I first?

Post 3

Saint Patrick Patron Saint of Depression: Here to haunt your dreams and stalk your waking hours

smiley - biggrin yay new year new thread smiley - biggrinsmiley - hug

Post 4

Saint Patrick Patron Saint of Depression: Here to haunt your dreams and stalk your waking hours

smiley - biggrin yay new year new thread smiley - biggrinsmiley - hug

Post 5

Bumblebee

Tadaa! Yes you are. smiley - smiley
*gives Titania the FTTF-mug* Congratulations!

Post 6

Titania (gone for lunch)

Thanks! Great job, Bee! Beautiful!smiley - ok

*waiting for BB to show up and fill her FTTF-mug with tea*

Post 7

Hati

smiley - wow
How beautiful! Great! Thank you, Bumblebee! smiley - rose

IIEM, a cappuccino, please.

*sips smiley - cappuccino*

Mmmmm! It even tastes better now. smiley - winkeye

Post 8

Bumblebee

smiley - blush Thank you! smiley - smiley
Now, does anyone have any plans for the new year? Or hopes, or dreams?
I was hoping 2002 would be a quiet one, but according to Looneytoones horoscope I'm going to freak completely out this year...smiley - tongueout
------
CANCER (June 22-July 23) Financial collapse. Mental instability. Sudden mood swings. Hair loss. Loss of appetite. Joyless promiscuity. Carnal urges. Rabid political views. An ennui bordering on self-disgust ... This just could be a difficult year for you at work and at home. Chin up! Worse things have happened at sea. It might be wise to avoid water.
-----
smiley - sigh

Post 9

Hati

smiley - laugh
where did you get this one?

Post 10

Bumblebee

That's funny, I thought he would have posted it here somewhere, but I can't find it..
He sent it to OTD, the Off Topic Drift mailing list.

Post 11

Hati

smiley - sadface

Post 12

Bumblebee

I've sent it in an e-mail to you smiley - smiley

Post 13

Researcher 179388

Oh dear, that makes two of us being mentally unstable and financially collapsing all over the cafe then!

The IIEM looks spangly gorgeous, a smiley - cappuccino for me please!

Post 14

Bumblebee

Yup, it's going to be some year, huh! smiley - tongueout

Post 15

Hati

I guess I'll enjoy the year. Well, I survived the last one. smiley - winkeye

Post 16

Fred Smith

Nice new thread. Hopefully the year will not be puite that bad! smiley - biggrin I'd rather have a 2002 when positive things happen, rather than a quiet year. But it's not really my choice.

IIEM, a smiley - cappuccino please.

Post 17

lw - ck

Yeah! Hi everyone

*walks over to the dukebox and puts on some soothing relaxing music*

We got the Dukebox!

smiley - winkeye
smiley - angelCKsmiley - devil

Post 18

Hati

*finds the cookies*
smiley - wow

Post 19

Titania (gone for lunch)

*puts her FTTF mug aside until BB shows up*

IIEM, an smiley - oj please!

Post 20

smiley - wow

Key: Complain about this post