A Conversation for Christians on H2G2

Joining up...

Post 41

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Just think what you could do with that... I'd pay my sister's mortgage, pay my son's study costs, my other son's medical costs...

Joining up...

Post 42

Cowboy Horse Rider and seeker of knowledge

and my way through the rest of highschool and colledge, with many accerories on the side.

Joining up...

Post 43

NPY

Pay off my student loan, buy a nice house, pay back my dad for what he paid for my car......

Joining up...

Post 44

buy a house, pay my folks bils for a while, get stuff to fix that car up nice.....

Joining up...

Post 45

NPY

.....take my friends on holiday, buy a funpark.....

Joining up...

Post 46

Ooh, a fun park! Sounds cool...

Joining up...

Post 47

NPY

I know!! It'd be a really good one too with roller-coasters and log flumes and all the best rides. And it'd have a really good place to get foosd too, coz all that fun makes you hungry.

Joining up...

Post 48

I know, lol, i never understood that God-given hunger when your just sitting in a ride, i mean thats almost all you do. Something to ask him when i get up there. Of course maybe its just a mental thing then we are actually hungry.

Joining up...

Post 49

NPY

Maybe. Would be a good question to assk. We should start a list of questions to ask when we gewt to heaven.

Joining up...

Post 50

it would be a long, long list, and we would have to memorize it.

Joining up...

Post 51

<< hunger when your just sitting in a ride, i mean thats almost all you do>> I think that's it like when you are on a motorcycle with a full-face helmet on, and all you want to do is scratch your nose! (It's because you can't do it...) I have a long list of questions! Have you seen the questions for God thread? http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F135418?thread=644466&post=7054733#p7054733

Joining up...

Post 52

NPY

Interesting. I'd thought that if there wasn't already a "Questions for God" thread, I'd have to start one.

Joining up...

Post 53

Scruff79

Haven't noticed hostility on the forum, but I've not really a member for that long smiley - erm

Joining up...

Post 54

NPY

Well there's definately some hostility on hootoo in other places. Admittedly I started two treads that got really icky. There's an article entitled "The Failure of Christisnity to Stand Up To Reason". Some dodgey stuff there.

Joining up...

Post 55

There certainly is some dodgy stuff there!

Scruff, the hostility comes mostly from a few people in particular,maybe 10 or so of them, they are ubiquitous, and they make it seem a lot more of a hostile place than it generally is...

Joining up...

Post 56

NPY

Yeah, think that's right. Like anything, the bad stuff seems to get magnified and drowns out the mainly nice stuff. Shame, but it does happen.

Joining up...

Post 57

Anne-UnityUK

Hello, I'm Anne. Just about to check out that link you've given. But I thought I'd add my two pennoth about hostility to Christians.

I post now and again on the religion and ethics message boards and a lot of the Christians there are terribly hostile to each other and especially to people coming on the boards asking for information.

They are so set in their own views that they don't seem to be able to listen to others and attack them for differing views. So if we Christians are hostile to others (which let's face it, Jesus was not - with the exception of the Temple money-changers) it's very likely that others will be hostile to us.

We may not agree with them but we can respect them. Often it takes people years and years to discover their faith in full and if they are searching it's our duty and our privilege to guide them and to let them take their time on the journey.

smiley - star

Joining up...

Post 58

NPY

That's a good point. It's something I suppose we could probably all work at.

It's scary if it's Christians versus Christians. No wonder people get put off!! We get vso easily diracted by whether or not to wear a hat to church, read the KJV, or whatever that we forget the main thing.

Joining up...

Post 59

Anne-UnityUK

Yeah I do so agree. It is tempting to disagree very often if someone has very different levels of faith and wants to convert you - but I try and remember that Jesus said 'by their fruits shall ye know him' and how he said that the Centurion (a Roman not a Jew or a Christian) had greater faith than all of Israel.

A hospital chaplain once told me that my dying (agnostic) husband couldn't go to heaven because he wasn't a Christian. At the time it was horrific but now I really can bless him because he made me throw my 'armchair Christianity' out of the window and start to find out what I REALLY believed instead of what I was taught to believe.

smiley - rose

Joining up...

Post 60

NPY

Yeah, think there's a great difference between what's in your head and what you've actually thought about and *really believe* in.

I didn't grow up in a church so the only Bible knowledge I had was from what they taught us in school, where it was presesnted more as a history lesson than as something that's real and alive. It wasn't until I was 17 that I met people who made it real and showed me that it's all much more than something that happened a few=w thousand years ago.

Key: Complain about this post