A Conversation for Christians on H2G2

Bible in not the Word of God shocker

Post 61

Rod, Keeper of Pointless and/or funny discussions or statements

Thanx for clearing that up, I was indeed misunderstanding you, but it makes sense now. As I said earlier, I'm not that familiar with the Bible so didn't know what exactly it said about the subject. Just one thing, what i meant by talking about a certain amount of good you do admitting you into heaven was that for some people the line would be higher than for others. So it would no so much depend on an exact amount, but more the intention behind it. And then God would be able to decide between people. But since that's not the case...
I do just realise however that this means that there are a lot of phonies out there who claim to be Christians but don't act it...

Not to sure how you mean that Cristianity is not a product of religion. Are you saying that it's more a way of life than a religion? And that only through the ages it became seen as a thing of worship(what religion is, the worshiping of a god and thereby trying to folow it?).
Could you clear this one up for me as well(I just like understanding other peoples viewpoints)smiley - oksmiley - silly


Bible in not the Word of God shocker

Post 62

clzoomer- a bit woobly

smiley - book


Bible in not the Word of God shocker

Post 63

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

<>

IMO, it's both a way of life, and a religion, taking the word religion as meaning a discipline...

Christianity is a way of life, *founded on* worshipping God.

Vicky


Key: Complain about this post