A Conversation for New h2g2 Feedback

BR - why does it still say "from h2g2" above the conversations in our "my conversations" list

Post 1

You can call me TC

I thought that was a BBC thing, when all postings from all BBC message boards were listed in our conversations list. So we could pick out the important ones (i.e. the h2g2 ones as opposed to the Archers or smiley - football ones)

Again - this is really only a mini-peeve. In fact it's not really a complaint - just a question....

BR - why does it still say "from h2g2" above the conversations in our "my conversations" list

Post 2

Pastey

When the BBC shoehorned h2g2 into their systems, it was set to then work multi-site, which is where the "From..." comes from.

What we've got here running this is still the same code (at the moment), still capable of running multiple sites, so we still get the "From..." part.

We are soon moving to a new framework which doesn't have the "From..." thing on it.

It's also one of my peeves.

Post 3

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I would love to see which forum the post is from, but I have said that many times. From Ask, from Milla's PS, from

smiley - towel

Post 4

Pastey

Rebuild Milla, I'll put it in in the rebuild. As long as it gets added to the sheet smiley - winkeye

Post 5

Milla, h2g2 Operations

It's there. smiley - zen

Post 6

You can call me TC

Oh yes - good idea smiley - eureka - well done Milla. Of course, it'll put paid to the fun of guessing whose journal it is by the title, but that's a small price to pay. I think it will draw more people to post on entry pages, and, of course, to look at the entries, too.

Post 7

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

That data is actually already available on the DNA system, because some of the other BBC DNA sites show it*. On the other hand, it can be fun to work it out. I enjoy looking through my new conversations and working out which ones are Gosho's journals.

TRiG.smiley - silly

* "It's available" does not necessarily imply that it's easy to get at, of course.

Post 8

Pastey

TRiG, when you see the data access we're working with you'll realise that nothing here is easy smiley - biggrin

Don't forget to let me know when things are settled down a bit, I've got a few things for you to start having a look at smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more