A Conversation for Orange Juice and Toothpaste

Grapefruit

Post 1

DelphicOracle

Yes, orange and toothpaste is vile, but grapefruit and toothpaste is surprisingly lovely. I asked about this recently and even got a chemical explanation for the phenomenon: you can find it here, if you're interested...
http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?thread=20077&forum=19585

Ooops

Post 2

DelphicOracle

Sorry, what I really meant to say was that a thrilling discussion on grapefruit juice can be found here:-
http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=19585&thread=17571

*scuttles back to the temple in shame*

Grapefruit

Post 3

Potholer

Changing the subject slightly, have you ever tried mixing Orange and Grapefruit juices? Using those frozen concentrated juices, which are usually quite tangy, I've found about 2 or 3 parts orange to 1 part grapefruit, (when diluted to normal strength and mixed), give a drink which is quite acid and very refreshing, but somehow, the actual fruit flavours cancel each other out almost completely.

Grapefruit

Post 4

DelphicOracle

I haven't tried that, but since the requisite ingredients are in my fridge, I'll give it a go when I get home and report back...

Apple and orange juice mixed together is also surprisingly nice.

tastes like chicken

Post 5

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

You can mix apple juice with just about anything and it wont mind.

Tastes just like chicken...

tastes like chicken

Post 6

DelphicOracle

But chickens do mind when you mix them with the wrong things. Foxes, for instance...

tastes like chicken

Post 7

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

perhaps, but not for very long!

The Question I have is who first decided that ramming sage & onion goo up the backside of a dead bird would make it taste better?

Carrots

Post 8

Sumogirl

My favorite is actually orange mixed with carrot. Yummm.

And, I have never actually found anything that actually tastes good after brushing your teeth. Perhaps peanut butter might, but I doubt it.,

Afterbrush

Post 9

Mortal

I really did not try that, but "Pernod" came to my mind at once. Drinking Pernod after brushing your teeth should be either surprisingly good or disastrous (sp?).

Ok, perhaps I will go out, buy a bottle of Pernod at try that at home.

Grapefruit

Post 10

MadK

I cannot believe you are seriously suggesting that. I saw the entry on OJ and toothpaste, and I joined the forum to dispute the claim that it is the most disgusting taste known to man - I was GOING to say drinking grapefruit juice after using TP is the MDTKTM.

I was astounded to find someone speaking in praise!

Oh, and cranberry juice is pretty disgusting after TP too.

Grapefruit

Post 11

DelphicOracle

Oh yes, grapefruit and toothpaste are lovely! You get a fresh, tingly sensation. But the grapefruit must be chilled and the toothpaste must be minty-fresh. NB: absolutely anything mixed with bicarbonate of soda toothpaste is vile. (Well, let's face it bicarbonate of soda toothpaste is pretty horrible anyway...)

tastes like chicken

Post 12

undertow

Dead? Goodness that must be the problem with my Aunt Nillies Sage Chicken.

Grapefruit

Post 13

Whispermil

i quite like bicarbonate tooth paste... its made my haggard, manky old teeth gleams like new... well like new haggerd, manky old teeth

Coffee after toothpaste

Post 14

CIG WebGeek

Not that it tastes better than it does without the dental cleanser influence, it just seems to overpower the mintyness left behind and steadfaslty refuse to have its unique taste comprimised. (Perhaps cigarettes, alcohol, or any other "socially acceptable" mild narcotic would react the same way... )

Grapefruit

Post 15

Evil Jill McDeath

But it tastes like jizz. And as for that Purdeys health (!) drink - that tastes like scrotal sac. Or maybe that's just me.......or my men.

What price vanity.

Grapefruit

Post 16

Evil Jack McDeath

Orange/Grapefruit/any other fruit juice and toothpaste: not pleasant.

However, try drinking tap water after eating golden syrup on toast, and then you will really know unpleasantness.

Alternatively, make like a cat and lick your own bumhole. After that, you'll welcome orange juice and toothpaste with open arms.

Grapefruit

Post 17

Whispermil

yeah it might not taste too good but i sounds kind of fun...... wait there a minute

....... (intermission)......

ouch! my back....

Key: Complain about this post