A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

Sunday 28th April - Announcing: Happy 14th Birthday h2g2!

Post 61

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I've got a big pointy stick, I'll try and be gentle smiley - smiley

Post 62

Demon Drawer

DD trundles in and as tradition dictates has a smiley - stout with a smiley - stiffdrink Black Bush chaser.

Post 63

Mark Moxon

Happy birthday h2g2! smiley - bubbly

I can't believe it's been 14 years... that's one amazing achievement. Here's to the next 14! smiley - cheers

Mark

Post 64

psychocandy-moderation team leader

*breezes in with more booze and snacks*

This has been a very civilized party so far, I haven't seen anyone throw any smiley - flan or smiley - tomato yet. One of the fun things about being a US-based researcher is that I get to join the party and indulge in some smiley - bubbly at 7:00 AM. smiley - silly

Happy Birthday to h2g2 and all of our wonderful researchers, old and new. Here's to many, many happy returns. smiley - bubbly

Post 65

Witty Moniker

Just cross-posting this for those not subscribed to the Forthcoming Community Events threads. http://www.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/classic/F53684?thread=8301605&show=20&skip=0#pi1 Posted in glorious Claasic Goo for your viewing pleasure.

Post 66

Peta

Happy Birthday H2G2!

Have a wonderful day everyone. smiley - smiley.

Post 67

Peta

Mark and I have to go out now - we'll try and pop back later when we get home. xxx

Have fun and hope to see you laters. x x

Post 68

Woolly Mammoth

smiley - wow

So many old faces, and new ones. I'm so proud to be a part of this site guys smiley - smiley

smiley - mammoth

Post 69

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

wow... a few names I've not seen round for a long* while smiley - wow

"Just think, in 2 more years, h2g2 will be old enough to leave school, smoke, get married and have sex..."

You mean we're not meant to have done all those already? smiley - whistlesmiley - handcuffs

I've a mammoth smiley - mammoth pile of towels to fold later, when they'r edry.... which seems kinda appropaite for today smiley - towelsmiley - zensmiley - towelsmiley - zensmiley - towelsmiley - zensmiley - towelsmiley - zensmiley - zensmiley - badger

Hmmm.... This 'party' all seems a bit too* civilised and restrained at the moment smiley - whistlesmiley - handcuffs I'm gona release the badgers smiley - badgersmiley - badgersmiley - badgersmiley - badger lettuce spry smiley - zen

Post 70

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

smiley - flyingpig

DAN DAN DAAAAHHHH!!!!

Lunchtime.. ish.

A few provisions...

smiley - crispssmiley - alesmiley - burgersmiley - cakesmiley - pggbsmiley - cheesecakesmiley - chocsmiley - cupcakesmiley - bubblysmiley - donutsmiley - hotdogsmiley - popcornsmiley - crispssmiley - burgersmiley - cakesmiley - aleBurger>smiley - cheesecakesmiley - chocsmiley - cupcakesmiley - burgersmiley - crispssmiley - donutsmiley - popcornsmiley - hotdogsmiley - alesmiley - popcornsmiley - crispssmiley - hotdogsmiley - burgersmiley - dogsmiley - emptysmiley - cakesmiley - cheesecakesmiley - pggbsmiley - chocsmiley - cupcakesmiley - redwinesmiley - donutsmiley - xmaspudsmiley - hotdogsmiley - cakesmiley - popcornsmiley - crispssmiley - burgersmiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - cheesecakesmiley - crispssmiley - ojsmiley - chocsmiley - cupcakesmiley - donutsmiley - pggbsmiley - hotdogsmiley - popcornsmiley - burgersmiley - crispssmiley - donutsmiley - popcornsmiley - hotdogsmiley - alesmiley - popcornsmiley - crispssmiley - hotdogsmiley - burgersmiley - petuniassmiley - emptysmiley - cakesmiley - cheesecakesmiley - pggbsmiley - chocsmiley - cupcakesmiley - redwinesmiley - donutsmiley - chocsmiley - hotdogsmiley - cakesmiley - popcornsmiley - crispssmiley - burgersmiley - mousesmiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - cheesecakesmiley - crispssmiley - ojsmiley - chocsmiley - cupcakesmiley - donutsmiley - pggbsmiley - hotdogsmiley - popcorn

And me being me,

smiley - coffeesmiley - coffeesmiley - coffeesmiley - cappuccino

smiley - biggrin

Oh, and Zoomer, that smiley - ale looks delicious!

And just for Psychocandy -

smiley - tomatosmiley - tomatosmiley - tomatosmiley - tomatosmiley - tomato

And a smiley - flan for good measure! smiley - evilgrin

Post 71

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Ooh, 2Legs, smiley - handcuffs, and smiley - badgers...

All we need now is smiley - strawberries and a Twister mat...

Post 72

Jim Lynn

Happy Birthday, h2g2. You guys are doing a fabulous job keeping it going. I can't really believe it was 14 years ago.

Still the best job I ever had...

Jim.

Post 73

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Happy Birthday to us!smiley - bubblysmiley - magic

Just a quick smiley - pggb before returning to the boxes.

Hopefully I'll make it back later.

smiley - dragon

Post 74

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

We don't have a hippo smiley, so I will make do with the smiley - flyingpig one.

smiley - flyingpigsmiley - titsmiley - sheepsmiley - sheep
smiley - flyingpigsmiley - tit dear H2G2 smiley - galaxy,

I've tried to interest Fluffy Pink Rabbit in returning, but he's still very lazy. smiley - erm

Post 75

bunnyfrog will never die

*checks points off flippers*

Down with Thing,
No I win,
Blackfriars,
Cake,
Dragonqueen smells,
Hugs for Amy,
Gnomon is crooked again,
The answer is actually 1 lemon,
I heard that dolphins see the world in puce,
Quit you blasted hooverites,
The grassy knoll is an allegory...

Hmm, have I missed any? Probably. More smiley - cake for me! Happy birthday hootoo!

Post 76

Lighthousegirl - back on board

Happy Birthday Hoo Too!

Thank you so much to everyone involved and for all the fun and friendship over the last 11 or so years since I discovered you.

Now to party

smiley - bubblysmiley - lighthousesmiley - bubbly

Post 77

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

@Rosie and anybody else who is interested in sharing photos of Elton. Please send them c/o [email protected]

Alternatively or additionally you can share photos on our official Facebook page.

*hands round party food to the assembled guests*

*tops up the drinks*

smiley - winekey *opens more wine*smiley - magic

Post 78

Hapi - Hippo #5

smiley - smiley I drink to your collective and individual health smiley - smiley

smiley - alesmiley - cheers

smiley - musicalnote When the Hippo smiles smiley - musicalnote

Post 79

Santragenius V

DD and Mark and Peta and Jim? *faints*

smiley - biggrin Jolly good to see so many old faces! (Well, not that the faces themselves are old, of course smiley - tongueout)

Post 80

clzoomer- a bit woobly

smiley - coffeesmiley - cakesmiley - coffeesmiley - cakesmiley - coffeesmiley - cake

I nearly nodded off in the epilogue, there.

smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more