This is the Message Centre for Warrior_mouse

Edgewood Warrior Marching Band Rocks Once Again.

Post 1

Warrior_mouse

The Edgewood Warrior Marching Band is Rocking Ashtabula once again.Under the new derection of Connie Sommers and John Shamp. We are making music and rocking the county with our power. The Warrior Drumline is the best in the county.Plus our Fight song Is the best in Northeat Ohio. Ya our football team sucks, but the only reason why people show up to our games is the Band. Plus our rivalry with the Conneaut Spartans make us try harder to make them like crap and that is not very hard to do. Go WARRIORS!!!!!! Conneaut SUCKS!!!!!!!

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

I hope this is the last unofficial announcement here, I would be very sad if I had to unsubscribe from this page just because people ignore which forum this is and post a lot of rubbish here smiley - grr

Post 3

Hapi - Hippo #5

ah.. so that's what it is: a lot of rubbish smiley - biggrin for a moment I thought I was suffering from acute dyslexia..

Post 4

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I think it's a newbie who doesn't know this place is for IMPORTANT!!!! (underline, underline, underline) only

Post 5

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

And who seemingly doesn't realise that posting the smae thing over and over again is spam. smiley - erm

Post 6

Tacysa

How annoying. It also adds to the glorious clutter that is the conversations list...

Post 7

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

Warrior mouse,

I think you will have gathered by now that the <./>announcements</.> page is reserved for staff to let the site members now about any upgrades, site downtime, special events etc.

It is not permitted for researchers to post their own announcements here.

But don't worry - we all make mistakes. If you take a look at your personal space (or 'homepage' - just click on my space in the menu and you will be taken straight there) you will see that Lil Ol' Me has left you a message with some helpful advise. smiley - ok

If you have any questions then just ask her or any other <./>ACE</.> and we will be happy to help out smiley - smiley

smiley - cheers

Mort

Thread Moved

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'h2g2 Announcements' to ''.

Post 9

Deidzoeb

Go WARRIORS!!!!!! Conneaut SUCKS!!!!!!!

smiley - piratesmiley - tomatosmiley - clown

Post 10

IctoanAWEWawi

>Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'h2g2 Announcements' to ''.

What? It's been moved to the void? To nowhere? That's a bit harsh isn't it?

Wait a minute. that means *I'm* in the void now! smiley - yikes

Post 11

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

"The Void Equals Infinity! Ha! Ha! Ha!" smiley - laugh

Post 12

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

In defence of inadvertant posters:

Is it not a singularly poor piece of user interface ergonomics (A3213127) which allows people to post where they oughtn't?

OK - so the argument might go 'But there was a big notice saying that they shouldn't'. But consider - would we be entirely happy with a sign that said, 'Keep away from the nasty, rotating knife blades!' Often there's an argument for guards and rails.

The result here is that an innocent poster has been lambasted by various old lags, simply for the sociable act of sharing some news which might (conceivablysmiley - smiley) be of interest to the sorts of people who are interested in this sort of thing. But it wasn't Warrior_Mouse's fault. It was the fault of those-who-should-know-better who evidently failed to put together a user-friendly website in the first place. Frankly, it's not the only glaringly obvious usability fault with this site.

(My professional usability consultancy services are available for a reasonable fee)

Post 13

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit searching his dictionary
"Yeah, great idea, we should place guard rails all over the place. Or even better, lets premoderate everything, just to assure only the right kind of information is put on the right places.

smiley - erm Now wait a second, I did it too smiley - blush

By the way, what is a posting, what is a raisor blade and what are these threads everyone is talking about? "

Post 14

No. I doubt that pre-mod would be the only solution.

Post 15

Traveller in Time smiley - tit thinking about the shiploads of confused Writers
"Somewhere in February we had a flooding of the 'Announcements' on the GetWriting Site. The Editors decided not to make the Forum slippery (every new thread directly to the bitbucket as if starting a journal on another users account). They did however hide the [start a new conversation] button.

As suggested it is somewhat of a design flaw to invite people starting a new conversation and then suggesting not to start one. smiley - cdouble"

Post 16

Bingo!

And what distracts me more than the original, sincere posters are those who feel it their moral duty to bite them.

Post 17

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Can everyone please remember this has now been placed into our newbie's Personal Space and give it some respect smiley - smiley

We don't want to frighten him away. A few messages of friendship and offers of help would be more useful smiley - cuddle

lil xx
smiley - magic

Post 18

Traveller in Time smiley - tit Already reported the suggestion on feedback
"Sorry, not really into discussing music or whatever live band "

Post 19

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

""Sorry, not really into discussing music or whatever live band ""

Do you mean that great Isle of Wight band LEVEL 42

Post 20

Traveller in Time smiley - tit comparing sounds
"I am afraid it is not quite the same kind of music as the smiley - mars rocking band. However we could invite a band to the other thread ? "

Key: Complain about this post