The Train of Thought Passes Through Some Peculiar Landscape

Post 21

cactuscafe

(reading postings)

Yes!!

Yes??

Yes!!!

So fascinating about the word train!

And now I must think about tracking down the visionary essence of orange in the supermarket. With added neon flicker, and peculiar realisations beside the bargain DVD shelves. Sausage and egg butties now serving in the café, where writers write their masterpieces and contemplate shiny things.

What?

This conversation thread has become a spectacular eclectic train of thought!

Are we on a one way ticket, Mister D? This is all your fault. smiley - rofl.

Oh no!

Actually, quite fine. Who needs to look back. smiley - rofl Go, train, go.

Post 22

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyetrain of thoughtsmiley - whistle

station announcer - The train standing on platform 4, should be on the bloody railway lines smiley - erm

Post 23

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Just another two thoughts on trains;

Back in the late '50's, early '60s this was a major US Television show http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon_Trainsmiley - sorry I used the Wiki link only because they are not trying to sell cds smiley - blush

The term is also used, at least around here, used to describe several storms that follow a line established by a stationary front. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Training_(meteorology) The best link I could find for this one is also a Wikismiley - facepalm

smiley - cheers

F smiley - dolphin S

Post 24

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Isaiah 6:1:

'In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.'

The word translated 'train' here is 'shul'. (shin+vav+lamed) It means the hem or skirt of a robe. (Like the 'train' on an old-fashioned bridal gown or a coronation robe.)

Now, getting *there* from 'Wagon Train' also requires some odd thinking, but hey...

Post 25

minorvogonpoet

I don't know if it qualifies as a train of thought but I had a strange dream the other night. I was one of a group of people who were in a house waiting for the end of the world. smiley - yikes Someone told me to bring the cats in, though I don't know why. Something like a wave crashed over us, then another but, after a moment, it quietened down and we were still there. smiley - smiley

Post 26

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Sounds hopeful to me. smiley - smiley

And taking the cats in sounds like a good idea if the world is ending...smiley - laugh

Post 27

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Pints and salted peanuts for me, thank you very much smiley - cheers

smiley - pirate

Post 28

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - groanin advancesmiley - winkeye it could have been CATastrophic

Post 29

minorvogonpoet

smiley - rofl

Post 30

http://rathergood.com/2016/04/05/viking-kittens/

cats taking over ? smiley - biggrin they attacked us up north years agosmiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post