This is the Message Centre for Malabarista - now with added pony

+1

Post 21

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I call my mother's mother Omi and my father's mother Oma. My younger cousins also call Omi Omi. I only have one Opa but when the other was still alife my current Opa was 'Arko-Opa', because Arko was the name of his dog.smiley - laugh

+1

Post 22

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I admit it can be complicated, Yarreau smiley - headhurts

Back in my day we had Oma Flensburg and Oma Schleswig smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

+1

Post 23

Yarreau

I only knew one of my biological grandparents, my mother's mother; she was simply "Omi" to me (she lived in our household), but to my cousins she was "Omi Annchen".
Due to a very complicated family, I also had Omi Ilse, Omi Elschen, Omi Hildchen, Oma Gähle (her last name), Opa, Opa Max, and Großvater, none of whom were related to me by blood. smiley - weird
Two of those were my brother's grandparents, but there were also at least eight more people whom I never met, but who were my siblings' biological grandparents... plus another lady who was briefly married to my Opa...

+1

Post 24

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Late but heartfelt congrats to the Barista Family!smiley - bubbly

Obviously Yarreau is "mormor" and Mala is "moster"

Problem solved! smiley - tongueout

smiley - dragon

+1

Post 25

Malabarista - now with added pony

Ah yes, I'm a smiley - monster - the kid just doesn't know it yet smiley - winkeye

+1

Post 26

Yarreau

Hee hee... Mala's childhood nickname, which is still in use today, actually means "cute little monster"... smiley - winkeye

+1

Post 27

moster = mothers sister (mors søster)

but it is true that some mosters are indeed smiley - monsters smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

+1

Post 28

Elentari

Congrats Mala and Yarreau!

We need a baby smiley... maybe a stork??

+1

Post 29

smiley - cupid is as close as it gets smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

+1

Post 30

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Because for some unknown reason, all babies linked with h2g2 come with wings smiley - laugh

+1

Post 31

of course they do, after all they are related to storks smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

+1

Post 32

Yarreau

I took a trip to see my new grandson this week... you wouldn't believe what this kid has hanging above his cradle... it's a little wooden sculpture, about three inches tall, that his grandfather made, an artist who died a year ago (not Mala's farhter, the other one).

It's a naked little smiley - devil with the sweetest grin, anatomically correct, rather well endowed and very happy to see you. And... get this... it's... he... well... how do I put it... the most prominent part of its anatomy is... gilded! smiley - discosmiley - rofl

+1

Post 33

might turn out to be an omen smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post