This is the Message Centre for cactuscafe

I Can Take a Hint

Post 8841

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"No more videos will be posted here by me" [Dmitri]

You will be depriving me of some nice material. I save your nicest videos o I can watch them in Winter when, as we all know, there are no bees pollinating the flowers.

What??

Post 8842

cactuscafe

Evening all! smiley - kiss

What? No more videos. Wah. smiley - wah Ah well, all artistes must reinvent, and change context, but wah anyway. I'll miss Chippy and the birdies and the bendy keyboards and the Leslie, and all the amazing amazingness of a Mister D creation. Thanks for the good times, friend, and for gracing my journal with your works. smiley - kiss

I've probably got a few videos and postings to catch up on, been lured by sunlight and peculiar conversations with an 8 track recorder, The Sunlit Illusory Illuminated Masterworks Mix 3,546. smiley - rofl

My Teddy Only Had One Eye

Post 8843

cactuscafe

Greetings Evil Twin! Erm .. Yes! Who are you? Have a corncob for the Teddy Bear's Picnic. smiley - corncob

One eyed teddies. (Gets the sweats. Attics! Yelp!)

Help yelp Imaginary Friend!

Searching for my halo in a field of paper moonflowers.

What exactly does that line mean? Erm.. well, my synth told it to me, via 8 tracks of hungry textures that need more protein.

Laters to catch up some more.

I Can Take a Hint

Post 8844

Phred Firecloud

How do you define public art? Statues? Graffiti? Street musicians? Mimes? trapeze artists. What are examples of non-public art? For background music, I want to use Quicksilver Messenger Service's "Pride of Man" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG6A6G9uzsQ

Post 8845

The Lone Arranger

My teddy only had one eye, but I could feel the love when I held it.

I took my imaginary spouse to see a family counsellor...she told him that she was worried because her son has imaginary friends.

The counselor told me that imaginary friends were a sign of intelligence and a healthy imagination...he said not to worry...

I told him that we didn't have a son...

I Can Take a Hint

Post 8846

The Lone Arranger

Imaginary shoe sizes are hard to find. I wear a 10i.

QMS

Post 8847

cactuscafe

Good evening again, for again tis evening, well its the same evening, just a bit later.

Quicksilver Messenger Service!! Good heavens, I haven't heard them in a while!

Who did their cover art I wonder?

I had a book once of album covers from that time. Incredible work by Stanley Mouse, Rick Griffin and people.

I must think about all that psychedelic art and those sounds again.

smiley - stiffdrink

Yes, public art. And non public art. Interesting question. I shall consider.

I was watching some graffiti artists at work today, on the way to the beach. There's part of an old car park, with boards around it, so they paint on there.

If it was someone's storefront or house, I'd go and wave my beach mat at them. smiley - rofl There's some amazing work coming out of this time, with all the big questions. Definitely public art, but I had a sense they're doing it for themselves, like leaving their mark.

I was also reading an interesting article the other day about statues, which were being considered along with Madame Taussauds waxworks. Like, making effigies.

I get a bit spooked by effigies. What about effigies then?

A waxwork can be melted down, if the person is out of favour.

A statue, yes, well, this is a new time in the life of statues.

The article suggested that the public have tended not to have a choice about which statues appear in public spaces.

Post 8848

cactuscafe

Yes. A very psychological piece, indeed. smiley - rofl

Why does a teddy only tend to lose one eye, I have often wondered. It wouldn't be such an iconic, (or should I say archetypal, no please don't say archetypal, I sound like a pretend Jungian analyst), OK, inconic then, why is a one eyed teddy such an iconic image? It's because they tend to lose only one eye, but why? why?

smiley - stiffdrink

I had a knitted teddy once. It was very strange, it was definitely knitted, not like a furry teddy. And it wasn't imaginary. It was real. A real live knitted teddy. Well, it wasn't live, obviously. But definitely knitted.

Ceramic Bear spotted in the Chilagna Bar

Post 8849

cactuscafe

Ah right, catching up on all the postings backwards here, smiley - rofl, bear spotting walks.

Under the Glacier. Sounds like an interesting book.

Someone once suggested I read Under The Volcano by Malcolm Lowry, because it had some great writing about a fellow who was a bit worse for wear on the alcohol, seeing a distant fairground and it was the Mexican Day Of The Dead and perhaps it all got a bit woozy poetic, although I never did read it.

smiley - booksmiley - book

Statue Smashing

Post 8850

cactuscafe

Wowzum, that's quite a video from Mister D, concerning the statue smashing. Intense imagery.

San Francisco Video

Post 8851

cactuscafe

San Francisco! Ah, there's San Francisco, with all the streets and trams and everything in that amazing effect!

Amazing poem, The City That Will Not Repent.

Nice work, Mister D.

smiley - stiffdrink

And now i have to go talk nonsense to a synth and 8 track recorder. smiley - rofl

smiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnote

Statue Smashing

Post 8852

Askadodilges (hides His Foot)

The videos do tend to add a touch of artistry to the thread...I particularly like the little extra secret clues like lambananas and Nr. Godwin's conjecture...just stop making sense...

I thought we were going to see Stalin, Saddam, or Robert E Lee statues coming down...and who are we then, to criticize the Taliban for destroying ancient artifacts that offend their sensibilities?

New Day New Way

Post 8853

cactuscafe

Morning all, anyone, or no-one. smiley - rofl

New Day New Way. There are changes in the journal here, paths cross and paths diverge and merge, paths get lost in the tangle, and new paths are found.

Its a notable time for me when friends move on, its like constellations, groups of people come together, have good times, bad times, collisons, indecisions, celebrate story and glory, and pledge undying love (if you me, smiley - redwinesmiley - rofl).

Then suddenly the highway calls, insistent, and the constellation changes, friends head out to meet new people, new stories, new glories, new influences and observations.

Like a law of nature really, the transience of all things! Or flowing water. No point getting stuck in a stale place.

smiley - coffee

As journal keeper, I feel the need to briefly piece together what happened around the pull outward for FWR and Dmitri.

I suspect a lot of is to do with that juxtaposition thing that happens here, I realise this isn't the best place to profile creative work if people want constructive attention or comment, like what happens in the Post, with the new guidelines.

I think here is more like a melting pot where random ideas move about all the time, a juggle-bubble pot of assorted topics, that may, or may not, be connected.

I am obviously to blame for this, because I love the jolt of juxtaposition, it takes me to strange places, I get changed and rearrangedsmiley - rofl

There's always been a lot of affectionate teasing and banter going on here, and I think if people don't know each other this can sometimes get confused with thinking people are being mean.

Like, FWR, when you were teasing Mister D the other day around the time of the copier monks, and you were going on about the Encyclopedia Gheorgheni, I was a bit cautious about laughing, and I went all shy, then I realise that you two know each other really well, and you can banter like that. So then I laughed, a lot. smiley - rofl

And Phreddy and I banter a lot, because we know each other well, and he puts up with me wanting puppy games all the time. Oh pleeeeeze Imaginary Friend .. smiley - rofl

smiley - coffee

Obviously, there's no pressure at any time for anyone to come in here to this juggle-bubble society. smiley - rofl

I am capable of talking to myself, in mirror writing, into eternity, or until h2g2 holds me up a mirror and says bye kid.

smiley - coffee

I notice that Mister D has opened up a journal for the videos, with clear guidelines around comments and things, like in the Post. smiley - thepost

I think that Mister D and FWR and others can drink there from a new fountain of inspiration. Thirsty artists must drink.

Actually I'm thirsty now. smiley - ojsmiley - oj

I'd like to say proper goodbyes though, even if the paths did diverge in a way that, to me, seemed a bit shrouded in uncertainty. Not to make it OK, just to acknowledge the times past and present, exactly as they have been and are. All part of the story and the glory.

So from me, farewell friends, thanks for gracing this journal, and may the eureka! smiley - eureka creative lighbulb always light up so bright, you gotta wear shades. smiley - cool

That was a song, wasn't it? The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. smiley - musicalnote

Byeeee. smiley - kisssmiley - kiss

Statue Smashing

Post 8854

cactuscafe

Yes, Evil Twin. (funny name, Evil Twin smiley - rofl)

I know what you mean about the statues.

I was earlier thinking about Oliver Cromwell, checking to see if he was that fellow who liked smashing up churches. Looks like he was. He was a mean dude, holymoly, glad I never had to meet him.

smiley - coffee

So, New Way, New Day.

Dear journal.

Today more shops have opened up. Even the synth shop, but I don't know how they're going to quarantine the keyboards. Waiting outside the wholefood shop, a guy passes with a T shirt saying I Hope They Serve Tacos In Hell. The body piercing place below the giant pink snail on the wall has failed to open up.

Word paintings flow from my soul ...

Statue Smashing

Post 8855

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

'The body piercing place below the giant pink snail on the wall has failed to open up.'

That particular word painting caused a particularly unfortunate image in my mind. smiley - snork Followed by the thought, 'Oh, god, I hope the tattoo parlour across from the Hooverville courthouse is staying closed.) smiley - run

Statue Smashing

Post 8856

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

An imaginary one-eyed teddy friend who wear size 10 shoes and smashes statues of Dolores Umbrage

Forget all body piercings ...

Post 8857

cactuscafe

smiley - roflsmiley - rofl

Hullo Mister D! Oh good, you haven't completely left hubble bubble juggle muggle land. smiley - rofl I'm happy. Despite your interpretations of my word painting, which are true, all true, given that I've just spent the last four days of my life on Brighton naturist beach. smiley - rofl Like, *how* do they do that? And *why*? And *Where? Really?* No, I'm *not* going to elaborate.

I think the tattoo parlour in H'ville might open soon? This is a worrying thought. smiley - rofl Does it feature in the book?

Who is Dolores Umbrage?

Post 8858

cactuscafe

Beware the one eyed teddy who wears size 10 shoes! Dolores Umbrage (statue) your days are numbered.

Day One ... Can a statue's life flash before it, just before the end?

Day Two ... I think, I, Dolores, am quite nice really. Am I? Who am I? Am I as horrible as Oliver Cromwell? I don't like Oliver Cromwell. I think he should have had body piercings or tattoos to give him some perspective on life.

Day Three .. This is really weird, I just had deja vu. I can't speak about it.

Day Four .. What did Day Three mean?

Day Five ... Go away

Day Six ... Being a one eyed teddy is intense enough, especially if you don't really exist. But wearing size ten shoes as well? Can life get any worse? I need to smash a statue of myself, before they even make one. Unless they make me look like someone else entirely, say, a Hollywood superstar who likes deep sea diving and eating popcorn on Thursdays. smiley - popcorn

smiley - oj

Me? Being stupid? smiley - rofl

Just now, right, over the beach, yes, *that* beach, there was this little byplane which was doing loop de loops. Do you say byplane? Like it had two sets of wings.

Forget all body piercings ...

Post 8859

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork I don't think the tattoo parlour showed up in any meaningful way in the book. smiley - rofl I'll let you know when the print copy shows up and I re-read it.

I can imagine the Brighton body piercings...smiley - headhurtssmiley - rofl It was my vivid imagination I was commenting on, not your choice of words. Body piercings and the hynopompic state do not mix. smiley - winkeye The tongue thing is hard for me to fathom, but then, I have TMJ.

I don't think the tattooists will be opening any time soon. They still won't let the nail salons open, either. We're sorry for the merchants, but that's a recipe for disaster. We're proud of the fact that we've had only 30 cases in the county - we want it to stay that way! Lola finally got her grooming appointment, under strict controls. smiley - dog She was happy with her haircut, but rejected the pink bow.

The videos have merely left the building, so those who are interested in such can examine, comment, and present without interrupting the phrasemaking flow. smiley - hug Carry on carrying on!

Rejecting the pink bow

Post 8860

cactuscafe

smiley - rofl Oh right, so I went into the body piercing for no reason. That's kind of hilarious.

I don't know how anyone can in fact have piercings. I tried to have my ears pierced once, I almost fainted, I had to be revived with iced water and sugar lumps.

As for tattoos, ooh eh, what happens if you get fed up with the pictures? If you want to change a heart shape for a broken heart shape? smiley - brokenheart Or a rose for a dagger? Or the other way round. More positive. smiley - rofl

You've only had thirty cases in the county? That's amazing. Let's pray it says that way. Its quite odd the shops opening up, we've got used to slinking around deserted corners, in a deserted slinky way, and will probably live that way for a while, but its good for the traders, and for restoring economic chaos.

Our dentist is opening on Wednesday. I just talked to the lady who works there. What you have to go through just to get in the door, like, before you get anywhere the dentist himself, forget it, unless I have toothache. Its good they're cautious, well, its government regulation, but its like trying to enter a Zone of Extra Extra Strong Mint Extreme Purity, wearing a spacesuit.

smiley - stiffdrink

Well, as we've all said here, your amazing videos never did interrupt the flow, and I've been sad for 24 hours because they're gone, but its OK now, I've caught up with the situation.

And you've made your own video gallery in your journal, they don't get lost in the midst of juggle bubble. Good to have a gallery. And you can focus on them more, and have more quality time with comments and things.

Key: Complain about this post