A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Lockdown.

Post 261

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

We increased our range by combining cycling and walking.

Lockdown.

Post 262

logicus tracticus philosophicus

I'm running out of different routes to walk locally, well perhaps you could walk them in a different way, like backwards, then forwards but block of one eye, then the next time block of another eye, then backwards again with one eye blocked again with the other eye blocked, you should perhaps see a lot of things you did not see before, by then you might be able to do it blindfold....

Lockdown.

Post 263

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

What a sad, locked down world, but I applaud you for getting out in the fresh air. smiley - applause

Lockdown.

Post 264

Teasswill

Certainly the circular routes are considerably different just going in the opposite direction!
At least the air round here is fresh, unless they've put fertilizer on the fields. We don't walk every day, but it does make such a difference even going out into the air to put the rubbish out etc.

Lockdown.

Post 265

Baron Grim

At work, we have three connected ponds with small bridges over the streams connecting them. When I take my daily walks, rather than taking the circumferential route around all three ponds in big rectangle, like I see most folks do possibly making multiple laps, I take a convoluted path crisscrossing back and forth between the ponds and crossing the bridges. I get in more distance within the same area. Every other day I reverse direction to see the other side of the trees, as it were.

Lockdown.

Post 266

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Well I'm quite happy with walking along the promenade, it's just that there's not enough shelters for when it suddenly rains. Wet benches are off-putting. I really miss the coffee break in the middle of my walks.smiley - sadface However I can never be bored looking at the Solent and watching all the activity on the water.

Lockdown.

Post 267

You can call me TC

We have made the effort to drive out to the forest once a week to do a "proper" walk, taking sandwiches and tea. We had thought that if we went mid-week it would be deserted but there were quite a few others out and about this week.

We have been having glorious sunshine though. The weather is like October. I've been saying for years that the calendar is fast by nearly a month.

Lockdown.

Post 268

Teasswill

So, for 1 day of Christmas mixing, we need 5 days of strict measures. Could be 3 weeks lockdown to allow 3 days of festivities. Personally, I would prefer less strict measures & only very limited mingling allowed at Christmas. But I do sympathise with those who have big, inter-generational, families.

Lockdown.

Post 269

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

There will be the usual 3 of us. Last year we had a curry at a local Indian restaurant. Not likely to happen this year. I just can't get into the mood this year.smiley - sadface

Lockdown.

Post 270

Baron Grim

I'm becoming more and more convinced the human race is too stupid to survive.

Lockdown.

Post 271

Damn! Don't like going from tier 1 to tier 2 especially as we are nowhere near the levels of Southampton or Portsmouth. Why have we been lumped in with the whole of Hampshire?

smiley - wah

Lockdown.

Post 272

coelacanth

Try living in the centre of Kent and being lumped in with places on the other side of the North Downs! I'm pretty sure most people in my village hardly ever visit those places over the hills and far away. Certainly you can't get there by any form of public transport.

The best explanation I've heard is that it's to do with the load it would place on your local hospitals if cases rose. I might live in a village with no cases, but if anyone here needed admission, the big hospitals are in towns where they could become overwhelmed with patients.

Christmas for me will be with my younger daughter who also lives alone. We're forming a Christmas bauble.
smiley - bluefish

Lockdown.

Post 273

Over the hills and far away is where my relatives live. I drove hundreds of miles just to be with them for the family gatherings. Now I'm too weary to do all that driving, so it's just as well that our governor doesn't want big gatherings. I called my brother and sister and wished them a happy Thanksgiving yesterday.

I'm glad that they are well. smiley - smiley

I hope they can stay that way.

Lockdown.

Post 274

Well Christmas was always going to be a relative free time because my family is spread out all over the UK. We never visit each other at this time because no one has the space for a family get together unless hotels are involved. Too pricey at Christmas.smiley - sadface

Lockdown.

Post 275

Teasswill

My Mum used to be keen that the family met sometime over the Christmas period, but really it's often not practical. As grandchildren grew up, often took Winter holidays, as well as the unpleasantness of travelling on cold, dark Winter days, much better to arrange a meet up some other time of year.
We prefer to stay home & relax. Just like we've been doing nearly all year...

Lockdown.

Post 276

That's music to my ears. smiley - smiley

I really like the way I've arranged my place now. smiley - smiley

Lockdown.

Post 277

Well all the way from Tier 1 to Tier 4 in a month.. Merry Christmas.

smiley - santasmiley - xmaspudsmiley - xmastreesmiley - crackersmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Lockdown.

Post 278

I still don't know anyone personally who admits to having the virus. There may be some who have it but don't know it.

Lockdown.

Post 279

Bald Bloke

I'm a "Don't Know" I had something nasty back at the end of Jan start of Feb 2020, which the time I assumed to be a nasty seasonal flu as Corona was only in the press as affecting China.
However there is now evidence that there were cases in the UK at that time and sadly one of the first UK deaths was quite local only a few weeks later.
Since there wasn't any testing at the time I'll never know.

Lockdown.

Post 280

Baron Grim

Yeah, you can find out. Get an antibody test. That will show if you had it and developed any antibodies to it.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more