A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Is anyone watching the lunar eclipse?

Post 1

You can call me TC

And can you see anything yet?

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

I'm looking out for it, but the sky is quite cloudy, and I think the moon is below my line of visibility at the moment even though it is above the horizon

Post 3

You can call me TC

We still can't see anything either. Have gone right upstairs to look out of the top windows but it's not where it usually is this time of night.

Post 4

FWR

Sadly too cloudy here at the mo too.

Post 5

Bluebottle

No smiley - fullmoon visible, only cloud and hedgehogs mating...smiley - erm

<BB<

Post 6

Pink Paisley

Clouds here too (Hertfordshire).

It's been raining again. Typical bludding summer. Rain, rain, rain, rain.

PP.

PP.

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

The clouds have a reddish tinge to them, but they're getting thicker...

Post 8

Bluebottle

smiley - whistlesmiley - musicalnote'Also Sprach Zarathustra'
Derrrrr-daaaaarrrr derrrrrrr DA! DA!
smiley - drumroll

<BB<

Post 9

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Of course not.The irony is that after weeks of clear evening skies we now have thick cloud.

Every single worthwhile celestial occurrence for the past 10 years has been obscured by clouds around here.Why should this occasion be any different? smiley - rolleyes

Post 10

You can call me TC

We have a perfect view now. It was behind some trees and most of the eclipse has been visible between two pine trees. Mars was a red dot at the bottom of the "v" made by the two trees. Incredibly photogenic but impossible to photograph without elaborate equipment.

Post 11

You can call me TC

And it's still over 30° out there and the cicadas are at it. Hedgehogs may appear on the scene later but I think we only have one confirmed bachelor in our garden.

Post 12

Bald Bloke

Clouded out in Nodnol

Post 13

SashaQ - happysad

Wow! Glad you enjoyed the spectacle, TC smiley - biggrin

Post 14

You can call me TC

This morning we have the cloud that you must have had last night in the UK. It is very welcome - cooling breezes and no hot sun. Mustn't gloat, but we obviously got the best of both worlds - clear night skies, respite from the sun this morning.

Our photos of the blood moon are not as good as the real thing - but there are some really fantastic ones out there.

Post 15

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Our CBC news on-line had some amazing photos - mostly from Greece and also the Swiss Alps. Oh, and Sydney down-under.

My little corner of Canada was mostly over-cast with haze and cloud too, so I didn't even bother to go looking.

Key: Complain about this post