A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 21

Hoovooloo

Gingersnapper is a time traveller.

They'll apparently join the site in something like 18,000 years from now (nice to know it (and the human race) is still going), then travel back to this time to tell us...

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - laugh

Time travel is for rocket-propelled clocks.

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 23

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

How about clockwork propelled rockets?

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 24

If it works, it's fine. smiley - ok

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 25

Baron Grim

Hmm... Apparently someone thought it was a good enough idea for a book.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9756310-the-clockwork-rocket

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 26

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I didn't know about that one. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 27

Baron Grim

I didn't either. I was hoping to find a picture of a steampunked clockwork rocket.

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 28

Orcus

Here since sept 1999 I believe - though I didn't really start posting properly for 3 or 4 months as I recall. Still proud of the five figure usernumber though smiley - cool

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 29

smiley - applause

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 30

Hoovooloo

So with a little over six months to go... are there in fact any plans to mark the day?

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 31

Baron Grim

smiley - bigeyessmiley - lurksmiley - grovelsmiley - zen

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 32

Lay in a supply of towels?

Dress as a Digital Village idiot?

Play 10,000 games of Free Cell? {That's what I did in 1999. Depressing, isn't it?)

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 33

Baron Grim

If nothing get's officially scheduled for London, I might just have to return to Manchester and Edinburgh on my own.

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 34

All my towels came form Sears, but who knows if Sears will still be in business six months from now?

We could gather at Douglas Adams's grave in Highgate Cemetery and stick pens in the ground.

Amazon has a model car version of the Ford Prefect. It's a tad pricey, at $157.00. The actual model was produced between 1938 and 1961. Maybe we could put the model car on his grave. He's not going anywhere for now, but who knows about the second coming? Or going?

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 35

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - bubbly I've no idea how long I've been here... AFterall, I'm not even quite sure that I exist... so perhaps I'm not here... But everyone has to be somewhere, and here is a better place than many to be existing, extertentially or otterwise smiley - zensmiley - bubbly

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 36

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

I make my arrival here to be about July 2003.

I seem to have airplane tickets to arrive at Gatwick in the morning of Friday 26 April and depart from there on 9 May with my wife. I have reservations for 5 nights in King's Gate, two in Portsmouth and four nights on a houseboat in Bembridge. All have been reserved, but not paid for, so they could be changed without cost for the next few months. I have not booked the last night as all I care about is a reasonable ride back to the airport. My wife would like a day in Paris and it seems most doable smiley - biggrin

F smiley - dolphin S

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 37

SiliconDioxide

I lost, and did not bother to recover, my original account here bBBC. It's been a while.

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 38

I've managed to hang onto my account since May 2001. It's hard to believe that in just a few months I got so hooked on this place that I was attending a mini-meet in Manhattan in November, post-9/11.

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 39

Bald Bloke

FS
I was walking past the houseboats in Bembridge Harbour, just two days ago.

Twentieth Anniversary

Post 40

Will Agrajag be invited? smiley - huh

smiley - whistle

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more