A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Is there a socially acceptable alternative word?

Post 21

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

How about the delightfully acceptible term that mr T crapper himself gave to us? or is that too taboo? smiley - blushsmiley - ermsmiley - weird I always go to tend to go with the more formal medical terms when talking to anyone remotely medicial/talking to anyone about it, in a ... profesional context as it were smiley - alienfrown

Post 22

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I second that.

Post 23

Sorry, 2Legs, I was agreeing with Post 20, not your post. But crap isn't that bad a term either. smiley - smiley

Post 24

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laugh Some great euphemisms here! I like whoopsies and plop!

My favourite euphemism for the act is 'go for a long sit down' and for the substance I say poo. Poop is wind in my family's vocabulary, rather than the US... er... solids smiley - blush

Post 25

Baron Grim

The most shocked by language I've ever been was while I was living in the dorm at college. Our dorm rooms had a connecting shower and toilet between pairs of rooms. I was... busy... in that room one day when my roommate entered our room and called out, "Hey! Rob!? Are you doing a 'duke'?" smiley - blushsmiley - yikes

I had heard "dookies" when I was a kid, but never "duke/dook"[sp?]. I definitely feel that any communication during that period of time is verboten, taboo, unacceptable. But to be introduced to a new euphemism somehow made it worse. That moment really put a rift in our relationship and I requested a room change the following semester. I worried that my roommate thought it was a racial issue, but I'd rather him think I'm a racist than embarrassed by that incident. smiley - laughsmiley - facepalm

P.S. No one has mentioned dropping the kids off at the pool, yet.

Post 26

There's also "ish."

Key: Complain about this post