A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What should Amy P eat?

Post 101

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I didn't realize that this thread was so dusty!

Well, obviously, there's been quite a bit of movement as far as planning goes since just before Hallowe'en! My itinerary can be seen at A87879046 and there are links to the meets and my map there. I have my passport, and I've opened a bank account just for trip funds, partly because both banks we use have pretty bad international rates, and so that, if something happens to my card, I don't have to worry about family funds, just mine.

What should Amy P eat?

Post 102

bobstafford

Good plan just a few notes for your information in case you get the time.
I hope it helps.smiley - smiley

Avebury, excellent I think its more interesting than Stone Henge. Read about it before you go so you get the most out of the visit

Bath, Paultney bridge and the area around the Roman baths is lovely.

Hadrian's Wall, Birdoswald fort has the best section of the wall, but the fort is good but not the best preserved Stanegate Fort near Chesterholm is better (check the h2g2 entries).

Hever Castle, nice choice many alterations and changes through the ages, did you check out Leeds castle(Kent) its more original.

Winchester, dont miss the Cathedral and the area close by, the town is nice but modern 1960's John Lewis serves the best tea

Windermere Lake Nice view but not much to do apart photography and walking, but defiantly not a waste of time!

smiley - smiley

What should Amy P eat?

Post 103

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Hever Castle would be more for the jousting... I'm currently trying to figure out if I'd have time to go to Hever Castle, since it'd be an all-day thing on Sunday (Saturday being the meet), thus reducing the time I have for London things.

What should Amy P eat?

Post 104

bobstafford

Jousting is quite dramatic to watch, a must for a camera Would like to see the photos.

What should Amy P eat?

Post 105

There's a video at the bottom of the page: https://www.hevercastle.co.uk/hever-attractions/jousting/

What should Amy P eat?

Post 106

I take that back--'tis in the middle of the page. You do have to scroll to get to it, though.

What should Amy P eat?

Post 107

bobstafford

Its a good video it brings back memories one of my first jobs was working with jousting horses, with a group of film stunt men led by a chap called Max Diamond.

What should Amy P eat?

Post 108

bobstafford

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1020446/

What should Amy P eat?

Post 109

So... My plan for Friday, July 28 was to see the Peak District (specifically, Treak Cliff Cavern and the Eyam Museum) with HappyDude, but there had been some calendar confusion, so it turns out he had already had plans (which he had told me, but I'd thought his plans started a day later, and he thought I was going to be there a day earliersmiley - shrug). I *could* go by myself, but my main reason for going to the Peaks was to hang out with Happy. Anyway, while mulling on alternatives, I remembered that HI had recommended the Ingleton Waterfalls Trail (I'd mentioned that I love waterfalls)--at the time, not doable, because I only had 1 day free to do a day trip from Manchester, and I already had plans.

So, would anyone like to hike the trail with me, or meet me for a meal in Lancaster or Preston on my way back to Manchester? (Either/or, not and/or--I'd like to fit in my plane seat on my way homesmiley - laugh) I might also do White Scar Cave.

Key: Complain about this post