Windows text size problem

Post 21

bobstafford

This may be the same thing from the BBC, but just in casesmiley - biggrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/accessibility/guides/text_larger/computer/win/win7

Post 22

Icy North

{I'm reluctant to do a system restore because I've never set a point to restore to}

Well, it will give you a list of the available restore points. These are often created automatically when you install system updates, so you may find a recent one.

Here's a guide to restoring:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11238/using-system-restore-to-recover-your-windows-7-computer/

Post 23

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

When I've done system restores, they've given me a calendar so I can specify an exact day and month.

Post 24

coelacanth

Yes, me too, and it's the simplest thing to do, no need to worry you might cause a problem. At least take a look at the list of System Restore points, you might find it's only a couple of weeks ago. You won't delete anything by just looking.
smiley - bluefish

Post 25

coelacanth

I've just had a look at my list and there are 3 restore points in this month alone, the latest is 2 days ago, none created by me. Each is linked to a Windows update.

I'm a techno dinosaur but have no fear about a System Restore, it's never let me down or lost anything. (Although you do regularly back up, don't you? Just in case!)
smiley - bluefish

Post 26

Baron Grim

The effective* focal length of the Hubble Space Telescope is 57600mm.

*(as compared to a full frame 35mm camera lens)

Post 27

coelacanth

So the solution is to look at the tiny print through the Hubble Telescope? Well, that would certainly make it bigger!
smiley - bluefish

Post 28

Baron Grim

Sorry, clicked on the wrong convo. This belongs in Useless Facts.

smiley - doh

Post 29

Most of what I've learned up to this year belongs in the category of Useless Facts. smiley - blush Scientists and other researchers keep making new discoveries, casting doubt on things that once were considered true beyond question. smiley - sadface

Post 30

Cheerful Dragon

I had to do a System Restore today because of logon problems (corrupted user profile, apparently). I discovered that the system creates its own restore points without any input from me. I selected the most recent and now things are back to normal. (It turns out that some settings weren't what I'd thought they were.smiley - erm)

Post 31

bobstafford

smiley - magic Well done

Post 32

coelacanth

Excellent!
smiley - bluefish

Post 33