A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What happened to

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

being able to remove one's name from a collaborative entry?

I can't see that option any more, neither in brunel, nor in pliny the elder or whatever that skin is called.

What happened to

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

I doubt that's available in Pliny (which is Pliny the Younger, by the way).

It's still there in the old skins including Brunel, as there have been no changes to them.

It's not available on Edited entries or on entries where you are the original author.

What happened to

Post 3

Bluebottle

It is still visible in Goo for unedited entries, but I think that it disappears once an entry becomes Edited.

What entry do you wish to have your name removed from?

<BB<

What happened to

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

The Eds can easily change the ownership of an entry - at least, they could when i was an editor. I don't know the full list of Eds but they include Dmitri, Galaxy Babe, Bluebottle and Sasha.

If there's a change to an Edited entry you want, request it at Feedback Editorial.

What happened to

Post 5

aka Bel - A87832164

It used to be available for edited entries, too.

I saw the Carnegie Libraries entry on my space. Now, it is a good entry, but I haven't contributed to it, and I don't think my name should be on it. smiley - smiley

What happened to

Post 6

Bluebottle

You are credited on: A87852405 Carnegie Libraries
I credited you because you said in the conversation that led to this entry:
'I had never heard of Carnegie libraries. I googled, and it seems there aren't nay in Germany. the only one I could find is in Reims (France)'

From these two short sentences I investigated and learnt that the reason why there is one in Reims is because it is one of the three Peace Libraries built following the Great War. If you hadn't mentioned the library in Reims, I might not have learnt about the peace libraries, so your small comment did, in fact, contribute to the end entry.

A small contribution, true, but I consider it a contribution nonetheless. The whole point of writing collaborative entries is to encourage people to think that they CAN contribute to the edited guide without writing lots, and that even the smallest contribution counts.

That said, if you don't want to have any credit on it, then I should be able to remove your name from it. Let me know what you decide.

<BB<

What happened to

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh, OK, the way you so eloquently put it, it seems that I did indeed contribute something worthwhile to the entry, so you can leave my name up there. smiley - smiley

What happened to

Post 8

Bluebottle

smiley - ok

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post