A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Star Wars - I know it has been asked .....

Post 61

Mol - on the new tablet

I watched A New Hope for the first time about 10 years ago. That's when I found out that in fact I had seen it before - but as clips or bits that I'd happened to see when my brothers were watching it, not as a start-to-finish experience.

Those clips and bits amounted to the entire film, and I knew all the characters and the basic plot because it would be impossible to grow up with my brothers and not know. I remember being surprised when I watched it to find that I had already seen all of it, albeit never in the right order.

Possibly I was so blown away by this that I didn't pay proper attention to some aspects of the film. I remember storm troopers talking to each other. I remember a character putting on the armour and pretending to be one. But I don't remember a 'red shirt' equivalent storm trooper removing his helmet and being a person who went home for dinner with his family at the end of the day.

Cybermen was the wrong word, really I was thinking of robomen from the Dalek Invasion of Earth.

Mol

Post 62

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

For Mr X ... I don't know if the link will work. Google for stormtrooper vs star trek

http://ifunny.co/fun/Cb5E69ne2

Post 63

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

When I got together with my family yesterday, I found that most of them had already seen the new Star Wars movie.

Post 64

Orcus

*is curious*

Who's alive but should be dead...?

(got to my PS if it's spoilery)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more