A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Predictions For 2016

Post 21

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"I don't care about "official" announcements" [Mr. X]

Neither do I. I see the jockeying for awards presence as a cynical way of merchandising. The critic are no better; they may go on about how a movie treads familiar territory, without considering that the person reading the review may not have seen the high-fallutin' movies referred to, and may be coming to the new movie with fresh expectations.

Predictions For 2016

Post 22

bobstafford

I find the films that are most enjoyable are the ones that get the fewest awardssmiley - ok

Predictions For 2016

Post 23

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I like what I like. If they get awards, fine. If not, fine. Animation has come so far, so fast, that I rarely miss animated films, regardless of their alleged age levels. No filmmaker is going to make a children's movie boring for the parents that bring their kids. They'd be cutting their own throats if they turned off the parents. The kids don't being themselves to the theater...

Predictions For 2016

Post 24

bobstafford

Wise words indeedsmiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more