A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Change?

Post 1

Effers;England.

How much to you like it or hate it?

Obviously I'm putting it simplistically..but take it where you want if you're interested in replying.

And of course it's happening on h2g2

I just watched the end of the Wimbledon programme...and they brought in some poppy vaguely jazzy end music.

For years it's been this old fashioned BBC jolly tune..well since I was a kid.

I felt quite cut up. smiley - erm

Change?

Post 2

clzoomer- a bit woobly

La meme chose? Effers, The Next Generation?

I'm constantly astonished how fast things change and how quickly people don*t realise those things have changed.

But then, I*m an old fart......

smiley - biggrin

Change?

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Depends what is changing... why its changing... and what its changing too...
My lifes changed at various times... quite drastically... some for the better, some for worse... and some... just change... smiley - huh
Change for changes sake sometimes seems pointless... But it depends if there is really a good reason for it, adn often just not being explained... smiley - huhsmiley - weird
Sometimes I really dislike change; like at the moment I've a huge pile of the stuff sitting on the desck, and I know I really oughta just spend it... but there's so much of it...
I'm not sure I could ever undergo the change... Its pretty much perminant I guess... and naa... it'd be too weird
Changes, is, though, probably one of my favorite songs (the origional version mind...) smiley - musicalnotesmiley - bat
Changing your underpants/knickers is a good idea... I do that quite often smiley - blush
and, I must go change something now... change flour and water, and yeast, and honey, into something quite differnt from their own, each individual forms, natures and features... smiley - droolsmiley - chefsmiley - biggrin
I think the change, on here, from here, we're going to have on h2g2, will be a good change... I think it'll help renew the site in so many ways, but, well, you can take the girl out of hootoo but you can't take the hootoo out of the girl... I think the essence, the quinteresential 'ness' of the site will remain the same... even if the wallpaper changes... smiley - zensmiley - zen

Change?

Post 4

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Depends on the change and why it's happening really... whichever way change is always better than stagnation.

Change?

Post 5

Yes... change is often very good... smiley - loveblush

Change?

Post 6

Effers;England.

It is inevitable..and yes often fantastic.

(But why the hell did they have to change that Wimbledon music?).

Change?

Post 7

I'm trying to remember what the old wimblton music was... (I've not a TV anymore so certainly haven't heard the new music...) smiley - weird

Change?

Post 8

Not the monkey - Skreeeeeeeeeeeee

I remember when it were all fields round here.

(and you still had tuppence hapenny left over for a bag of chips).

Change?

Post 9

parrferris

I can't stand change. It never turns out to be for the better. I'd much prefer stagnation!

I can't believe that they've dropped that music, Effers. It was a wonderful old 'newsreel' style piece; I liked it because a) it was a jolly little tune, b) it was old-fashioned like me and c) it meant the blasted tennis was over...smiley - grr

Change?

Post 10

Effers;England.

I just looked on YouTube..and they have the opening music but not the end stuff.

change is smiley - cool

but Jesus couldn't the beeb have found some really top notch musician to have done it...like 2legs..and man could you imagine 2legs coming up with Barlesque?

Something's wrong somewhere

smiley - erm

Change?

Post 11

parrferris

I've just found it on an old cassette. It's called 'Sporting Occasion' by Arnold Steck - google it and you'll soon find a site where you can listen to it in full.

Change?

Post 12

Effers;England.

I couldn't find it free anywhere. I'm not bloody paying. And in any case the main thing is the context.

Yeah it might have been fun to listen for free on YouTube..but that has nothing to do with my point about context at the end of a programme.

It's a bit like a discussion I was involved with for a time on 'Points of View'. The way the beeb now interrupt the end credits with some nonsense about what is 'up next'.

Change?

Post 13

Effers;England.

smiley - snork Okay I bought it off YouTube...it's the last bit the BBC played at the end of Wimbledon..but not this year..they've gone all jazzy and poppy.

Sporting Occasion really is the most old fashioned and Imperial type tune. smiley - laugh I worry about me...

Change?

Post 14

Effers;England.

bought it off iTunes.

Change?

Post 15

Effers;England.

Oh woo hoo they just played 'Sporting Occasion' at the end of afternoon Wimbledon...

Change?

Post 16

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Well i'm from the Westcountry so "Oi downe loike it arrrr"

Change?

Post 17

mmh5y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RjJKxsamQ&feature=artistsmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post