A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Does anyone have a recipe for curried Yorkshire pudding?

Post 1

Jeany

I googled "curried Yorkshire pudding" and got an astonishing number of hits, but none of the first page links led to a recipe. One of them led me to h2g2, but a thorough examination of the linked discussion failed to produce the desired direction.

I would be grateful.

Post 2

Taff Agent of kaos

have you tried putting curry powder in the dry mix before adding the egg and water??

smiley - bat

Post 3

Peanut

Hi Jeany,

Were you think of a curried Yorkshire pudding in the sense of making a big pudding and filling it up with curry? Or just currying up your pudding?

Post 4

Taff Agent of kaos

sounds like currying favour to me!!!!smiley - winkeye

smiley - bat

Post 5

You can call me TC

Why did you want to search for curried Yorkshire pudding? Were you seriously thinking of making it? Are you sure you weren't the victim of an April Fools' joke?

Post 6

You can call me TC

*bows head in shame at having posted from barlesque and used apostrophes" smiley - sorry

Anyway, your search may have led you here because our entry on Yorkshire pudding

A192683

mentions that Curry has usurped the traditional "Roast beef and Yorkshire Pudding" as the English National dish.

Have fun trying the suggestions above.

Post 7

Peanut

Yorkshire pudding filled with curry, honesly it's yummy. I suggest a hearty indian recipe, if going veggie, one with chickpeas, because in my mind you need a bit of 'bite'.

I'd serve up some of the curry sauce for dipping some of those toasty bits of your pud and this might be a push too far a dollop of bread sauce, which must be moist but just about able to hold it's own texture wise, definately not runny. Ho hum, that's just me smiley - biggrin

I can't suggest a recipe as the extent of my cooking skills means that I throw some veg and meat or chickpeas in a pan and add a jar of sauce

Post 8

MonkeyS- all revved up with no place to go

I put a teaspoon of mustard powder in with the flour when I make mine, so guess you could do the same with curry powder.

Post 9

elderberry

It looks like "curried Yorkshire pudding" is just a normal Yorkshire pudding but with curry sauce instead of gravy.

Post 10

Icy North

I confess I once searched for 'boil in the bag pizza'. Sadly, there wasn't quite enough out there to write the guide entry. Maybe one day...

Post 11

nortirascal

Garum masala for authentic taste smiley - smiley Tikka, Sahib smiley - ok

Post 12

Taff Agent of kaos

for tea this evening we had

mash, yorkshire puddings, and .....curry saucesmiley - evilgrin

smiley - droolthanks for the idea

smiley - bat

Post 13

nortirascal

Think the Government has us all on their menu, Taff smiley - sadface

Post 14

Taff Agent of kaos

to be fair, the public sector won one of the bids, the private sector won the other one and didn't bother entering a bid for the third as it needs too much money to modernize, so will probably be shut down!!!!

smiley - bat

Post 15

nortirascal

Now we're hijacking a perfectly reasonable tread None-the=less http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F19585?thread=502685&skip=11100&show=20 post 1103. Back Yorkshire puddings with a curried sauce or curry flavoured Yorkshire puddings?????? I remain a dedicated Saag Gosh fan myself or, later in the evenings, asking for a 'staff' curry

Key: Complain about this post