A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's meaning of the life?

Post 21

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Thanks, Mostly Harmless. smiley - smiley

Post 22

IzzyGoodenough

.....Tom Lehrer also wrote a song named "Plagarize" aka "Lubichesky". smiley - winkeye

Post 23

Martin Harper

True, true - I guess that's ok then... smiley - winkeye

Post 24

IzzyGoodenough

.....er, the song's title is "Plagiarize"- note spelling- (I knew that);-(-----IZ

Post 25

Chili

Yep, very nice answer....

Except for the ending... I don´t think we die, because the universe would run out of space otherwise....

Life is about tears and laughter, just like Fragilis said, but wouldn´t all those tears and all the laughter be a bit pointless, if it would go on forever? I mean, you make mistakes in your life that you can´t correct, or you make just the right decision, does it matter if you are here forever? If we are here to 'experience life' or just live our lifes, there must be an end to it, or it would get just plain boring. If life is getting boring, it looses it´s meaning, doesn`t it?

Chili, thinking he needs to say something, but is seriously fighting his brain to get over last nights boozing....

Post 26

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

That's a good take on the issue, Chili. But I'm not entirely sure life would be boring if we lived forever. I think we would have to be more patient, perhaps. But the universe would be forever changing around us, and progress would continue. I don't feel we would ever have all the answers about life that we wanted to have. I think most of us would find a reason to keep living if given the chance, if only to be with one another.

Post 27

Chili

to be with one another.... might actually be the best reason to keep living...

Chili

Key: Complain about this post