A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Which is the coolest smiley?

Post 1

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Haven't used it for ages, but I must admit to being partial to smiley - bat No pretense at being anything other than a computer smiley. With fangs and wings smiley - biggrin

Post 2

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I love the h2g2 smileys, but find it strange that some appear, but are not listed eg

smiley - bluebutterfly

are there any others lurking around the place?

Post 3

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Oh, I'd forgotten about that. That is cool.

I like too that people used to write < shrug> and now those have turned in to smiley - shrug (even though we don't know what the shrug smiley actually means smiley - winkeye). I'm sure there are others like that too.

Post 4

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

There are loads that I like, especially the ones particular to h2g2 ie

smiley - pggb and smiley - dontpanic and smiley - towel all of which I feel a certain need for today....

Post 5

Mu Beta

smiley - snowman

Obviously...

B

Post 6

Taff Agent of kaos

smiley - disco

it can be used for SSSsssssoooooo many rude thingssmiley - biggrin

smiley - bat

Post 7

Christopher

smiley - bluelight

Post 8

HonestIago

It was quite cool when the smiley - galaxy smiley was released and Galaxy Babe, who's been writing < galaxy> for years in the hope she'd get a smiley, got to see them all transformed.

smiley - tardis and smiley - diva are both very cool too.

Post 9

Alfster

smiley - sigh

This one must be the coolest...you can see it on his breath...

Post 10

Deb

The coolest smileys are probably the ones I see as " . "

I'm a Classic Goo girl and several of the new ones show up as a dot. There was a rumour at first that this would be solved but I've given up hoping!

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 11

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Well I guess not a smiley - mouse s chance in a smiley - star of the smileys being adaptied for use in goo; goo will go with the new site changes as will all the other skins (including the loverly alabaster smiley - crysmiley - dontpanic ) smiley - ermsmiley - esuomsmiley - alesmiley - orangebutterflysmiley - pandasmiley - schooloffishsmiley - fishsmiley - hsif

Post 12

Icy North

smiley - chocolateteapot

Post 13

smiley - huh what happened to the raindeer smiley? smiley - crysmiley - sadface

smiley - ant doesn't seem to be used so much now smiley - ermsmiley - weirdsmiley - handcuffs
But.
The smiley - cool est has to be smiley - flyingpigsmiley - flyingpigsmiley - flyingpigsmiley - flyingpig or smiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - alesmiley - ale or smiley - cheesesmiley - cheesesmiley - cheese or the new exciting <nighthoover smiley smiley - ermsmiley - wah which reminds me, we never got the <?> smiley either smiley - doh though I guess that oughta* be smiley - erm

Post 14

hygienicdispenser

I think the smiley - reindeer got wet and melted.

Post 15

hygienicdispenser

I like the flappy envelopes smiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpostsmiley - simpost

Post 16

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I'd like a smiley one day...

Post 17

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

smiley - brr Obviously.

Post 18

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

smiley - llabwons @ Mu.

Post 19

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

smiley - smileysmiley - biggrinsmiley - laughsmiley - sadfacesmiley - blushsmiley - kisssmiley - smoochsmiley - loveblushsmiley - winkeyesmiley - ermsmiley - coolsmiley - wahsmiley - cheerupsmiley - hugsmiley - oksmiley - cheerssmiley - alesmiley - bubblysmiley - teasmiley - cakesmiley - chocsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - runsmiley - magicsmiley - mouse

Post 20

smiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - ponysmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - ponysmiley - ponysmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - ponysmiley - handcuffssmiley - zensmiley - handcuffssmiley - pony

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more