A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Fuel Crisis - Panic Buying

Post 21

jqr

You could buy trainers instead, get on the old velocipede to shop for slippers, but likely by the time you got to M&S there probably wouldn't be any slippers left. smiley - smiley

Post 22

Rainbow

That sounds far too energetic for me. I'll just have to panic buy something else (preferably within walking distance).

Post 23

JHP

I went into Safeways yesterday. I really really tried hard to stay focused on buying essentials. No good though. I came out, just like every other time, with a 4-pack of cider and a big box of "Curly-Wurly's"

Post 24

Lux Rothchop (wouldn't it be great if people were nice to each other for a change?)

You never see Curly-Wurlys in the shops nowadays. If you're buying a box of them every time you go shopping, it's no wonder...

Post 25

Rainbow

Apparently, it's not just hairspray that people are panic-buying, but all hair-care products - my husband says it just goes to show how vain women are....they'd rather starve than have a bad hair day. smiley - sadface
I don't know what he means!! ( - Luckily I always keep a emergency supply of hair products, so no need for panic buying!! smiley - smileysmiley - smiley )

Post 26

dimples

Let me know if anyone wants me to Federal Express anything across the ocean. You know those of us in the United States are just full of it.(gas, crap, whatever).

Post 27

dimples

And.... what are curly wurlys?

Naive in Chicago

Post 28

Rainbow

Curly-Wurlys are chewy toffee covered in chocolate and then they are platted (sort of). They are about 9 inches long and 1.5 inches wide. They're very chewy, and as you try to chew them, most of the chocolate drop off so you end up a piece of stretched toffee and a lap full of chocolate!!

Post 29

dimples

YUM.

Post 30

dimples

Was going to ask you all to fed-ex some back this way, however it doesn't seem like you can spare them. I have some Mormon relatives who keep a 2 year supply of food. I bet they have some powdered milk if you need it.

Key: Complain about this post