Post 2

Peta

smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Skimmed or Semi-skimmed?

Fuel Crisis - Panic Buying

Post 3

Abi

*looks up*

Peta I am trying to upload this muffin, but it won't fit in the drive on my computer. And yours isn't too happy about the milk either. Should it be producing those blue sparks? smiley - smiley

Post 4

shrinkwrapped

Yes, our village has run out of milk too. And bread.
But my home's got plenty of other food in it.
*crosses fingers*
I hope.

Post 5

Phil

Ah well back to the tins of Marvel then, straight from the bunker...

Post 6

Greek God

There's some interesting tips and techniques under the 'jesus,loaves and fishes' conversation that may not seem quite so flipant come the weekend.

Post 7

jqr

smiley - smileysmiley - smiley
If you all need any bagels & lox, just say the word & I'll bike over from NYC and drop off a CARE package...

Post 8

Rainbow

It said on the news last night that there had been 'panic buying' of milk, bread and eggs, but supermarkets had also reported 'panic buying' of hairspray. Can someone please explain?

Post 9

Brian of Bourne

Vanity? Also panic buying of bicycle inner tubes I hear. Glad you're still Slug, Slug. You won't become like your name, and if you did that would be OK because you would not mind the name. You personality will change peoples perception of slugs!

Post 10

Rainbow

Thanks!! smiley - tongueout

Post 11

Abi

The hairspray thing was probably my mother!

Post 12

Rainbow

My mother is STILL working her way through the 10 x 56lb bags of sugar she bought during the sugar shortage in the 70's!! It's all gone hard and disgusting and no-one wants to use it. If I looked hard enough, I would probably find some 25-year-old loaves of bread, which I expect she also hoarded somewhere.

Post 13

Brian of Bourne

If there's a shortage of hair spray your mother could make a killing by diluting all her sugar with water for use as hair spray. It would hold up a sixties beehive hair do .. er so I'm told.

Post 14

Abi

I nearly panic bought slippers yesterday - but that was just to try and make everyone else do it too!

Post 15

Rainbow

My mother wouldn't part with her sugar now, she has proabably started hoarding (panic buying) all over again. It's so embarrassing - Can you divorce your parents?

Post 16

Rainbow

Actually, Abi, I have just bought a pair of slippers - should I buy a couple more pairs, just to be on the safe side?

Post 17

Abi

Slug you never know in these situations - M&S have some great blue suede mule style ones with furry insides smiley - smiley

Post 18

Brian of Bourne

Women!

Post 19

Brian of Bourne

Men!
(Just wanted to get there first.)

Post 20

Rainbow

Oh, no, my nearest M&S is 15 miles away and I have no fuel - PANIC!!

Key: Complain about this post