A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Biscuit Selection Boxes

Post 1

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

The Boss has just brought in a selection tin with various different types of chocolate covered biscuits - some plain, some milk, some with strawberry filling smiley - yuk...

WHY do the manufacturers insist on putting the identification pictures on the BOTTOM of the tin? smiley - huh

Biscuit Selection Boxes

Post 2

Icy North

It's to weed out people whose IQ is lower than the box of biscuits.

Biscuit Selection Boxes

Post 3

IctoanAWEWawi

smiley - laugh

Biscuit Selection Boxes

Post 4

NPY

Yeah, good point. It's a bit bonkers really.

Biscuit Selection Boxes

Post 5

Pink Paisley

WORSE!

I was in the queue at a well known supermarket. One of the finest - if you get my drift.

The woman in front of me had a squashy pudding cake thing in a box. The thing had a cellophane pane on top so that you could see all of the squished out of a nozzle decoration through it.

The bar code was on the top too.

After scanning, the decoration was squished onto the cellophane lid and was much less impressive.

PP

Biscuit Selection Boxes

Post 6

NPY

That worked well!! Always amazes me where they put barcodes. Like when I worked in our local Iceland, the barcodes of the frozen turkeys were stuck on with a sticker on the top of the turkeys. Half the time, the sticker had come off coz of the condensation etc. And if there was a barcode on it you had to flip it over to scan it coz the scanner was flat.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more