A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Annoying Things.

Post 81

IctoanAWEWawi

smiley - bleeping computers, smiley - bleeping oracle databases in particular with smiley - bleeping new technology for which they don't smiley - bleeping provide proper information and what information there is is smiley - bleeping incomplete at the crucial smiley - bleeping moment so I look like a smiley - bleeping idiot cos it won;t smiley - bleeping work and smiley - bleeping managers don;t understand that using smiley - bleeping edge technology means that it is smiley - bleeping unstable and no one knows what the smiley - bleeping hell it is doing. 5 smiley - bleeping times I've installed each with a different smiley - bleeping smiley - bleep-up.
smiley - grr
set ORACLE_HOME =

Annoying Things.

Post 82

Ged42

smiley - bleeping Dissertations

we hates them, we curses them smiley - grr

Annoying Things.

Post 83

Smudger879n

Ah! well, we now know that the smiley - bleep workssmiley - laugh
which is more than CD player doessmiley - wahsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 84

Smudger879n

Another one!!!! Have you noticed how much louder the TV adverts are?????????
Your sitting back all relaxed watching a movie, then WOW! the volume belts out the advertssmiley - grrsmiley - steam

I have a theory on this.........Its because they want us to hear their addy while we are through in the kitchen putting the kettle onsmiley - laugh

(I mean thats what the adverts are for aint itsmiley - laughsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 85

designmonkey AKA George The Gay Hippo

Hey smudger,
You've almost got enough annoying things for a book.
maybe we could start a shorter thread called 'what doesn't annoy smudger'
DM

Annoying Things.

Post 86

Smudger879n

OOPS! Your right DMsmiley - laugh

Im starting to sound like Victor Meldrew nowsmiley - laughsmiley - ok

So I will now step aside, and allow other folk to let us know what things Annoy them!!smiley - laughsmiley - ok This could be be a really good thread we have going heresmiley - oksmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 87

naughtinik4_Goddess of Funky Music & Saturday Night Mischief

Hi guys you probably dont know me but a big smiley - kiss to anyone who wants one.

I tell you what annoys me that bloody Crazy Frog Ringtone advert smiley - steam

Annoying Things.

Post 88

aka Bel - A87832164

Hi Smudger, there was a discussion on ask h2g2 about the ad on tv being so loud only recently.

Annoying Things.

Post 89

DaveBlackeye

Actually, is a conspiracy by battery manufacturers. Batteries don't last long when you have to fiddle with the volume constantly smiley - grr.

I used to be annoyed by the frequency and length of the ad breaks, but soon realised that the breaks on Sky 1 are now just long enough for you to get changed out of your work clothes, cook dinner and sit down to eat it before the programme comes back on.

Annoying Things.

Post 90

aka Bel - A87832164

If the breaks on sky 1 are so long, why do you bother to watch it in the first place ?

Annoying Things.

Post 91

Goddess PinkFluffyDuck ruler of all things!

ohhh i found a new thread!

things that annoy me? hummmmm

cress - what use does it have for smiley - bleep sake???

that bev, kev, kev, bev advert!!! i don't even know what the hell they are trying to sell!

the fact that even though I KNOW I washed my skirt for work, that late on Sunday evening it appears magically in the washing basket!

Books that are not bath proof – well where else am I going to read them? The bathroom is the only room I can ever get to myself for 5 minutes!

That will do for now!

Thank yousmiley - kiss

Annoying Things.

Post 92

Aww Smudger I was only joking,
Come back we love ya!!
DM

Annoying Things.

Post 93

Smudger879n

Hi there DMsmiley - cool
Ive got another one, and its going as I writesmiley - grr
Its that smiley - bleeping DOG next doorsmiley - wah it bark non stop for hours on end!!

In fact I had the police to his door last week, as he was playing his music so loud to cover the noise of his dog. I phone him and asked him poiltely to turn it down as MK2 was trying to sleep (she is up most nights, in fact we both are, as she has emphysma)smiley - erm

Any way, next thing he is banging and kicking our my door, with his enormous cousin (who lives with him?)When I answer they both try to break in past me??? So we called the police, who then came and told us that he was in the wrong by attacking two disabled people, and if he does anything like that again, for us to call them on this special quick response numbersmiley - ok
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 94

Looking forward to seeing you on the next episode of 'Neighbours from Hell'.
But seriously your neighbour sounds like a complete tosser.
and he lives with his cousin?!?
Sounds a bit 'deliverence' to me.smiley - erm
DM

Annoying Things.

Post 95

Another annoying Job-centre related thing,
The Job centre I use has recently changed it's singning-on system, I was expressly told "you must be here 10 minutes before your signing time, If not we will have to re-arrange your signing time and you may lose your benefits".
The day of signing: I walk in 10 minutes before my signing time and hand over my card, then I have 10 mins to wait until my 'written in stone' signing time...
25 minutes later the staff seem bored and decide to see me.
Lady at Job-centre: "what have you done to find work in the last 2 weeks"
Me: "Nothing"
Lady at Job-centre: "Why not?"
Me: "Because I've already been offered a job, but I don't start 'till the 21st"
Lady at Job-centre: "Oh, I didn't read that bit, ok sign here"

Total appointment time: 1 minute
waiting time: 25 minutes

I was as you can imagine very annoyed by the whole process.
DM

Annoying Things.

Post 96

Smudger879n

Ah! Yes! DM, the job centre brigadesmiley - wah
They seem to be trained in making folk feel very insignificant!!
I remember falling out with a 20 year old snotty bitch whe I was "called in" for an interview.

She asked for my green slip (where you show all the jobs you have applied for) I opened up my case with a stack of letters (rejection ones)so many that they would never fit on their silly wee form!

She gets snotty, so I ask to see the manager, and in fact I made so much noise that he came running out of his cosy wee office, and tried to shepherd me away into a room?
I got a standing evasion from all the other punters in there at the timesmiley - laughsmiley - cool
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 97

smiley - laugh
Nice one, Fortunately my dallience with the job-centre will soon be at an end as I'm starting a new job a week tomorrow!
Yay
DM

Annoying Things.

Post 98

Smudger879n

Hey! Well done DM!!smiley - magicsmiley - cheers

Let us know how you are doing with it! Good Lucksmiley - oksmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Annoying Things.

Post 99

AgProv2

"The Teaspoon thing reminds me of a comedy sketch, where they drain all of the water out of Loch Ness in order to find Nessie, and all they find is 30ft long teaspoon.

Though i can't remember which comedian it was by."

Michael Bentine, "It's a Square World", circa 1969-70.

The BBC WIPED all the tapes of Bentine's TV work and you can only approximate his comic genius now by reading the scripts, closing your eyes and imagining...

bloody vandals, huh?

Annoying Things.

Post 100

AgProv2

That's an annoying thing in itself, I guess: all the good stuff the BBC chose to wipe and delete in the sixties because they thought it was "ephemeral" and didn't see a reason to keep it. All of Michael Bentine, most of Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, a goodly amount of early Spike Milligan....

Bentine, right up till he died, alleged that wiping his TV shows was politically motivated; you don't need to read conspiracy into it, I'd say it was just a routine cock-up. (MB's logic: he was a right-wing political thinker and activist - but a bloody good comic, it has to be said - working for a left-wing employer, so the nasty old BBC tried to force him into conformity by refusing him any further work AND took a spiteful revenge by wiping his work, thus depriving him of the income from repeat fees. Why do I sense a certain paranoia here?)

Key: Complain about this post