A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Food that's better the second time around

Post 1

pumpikano

What food do people like to eat as leftovers better than they like to eat fresh? I like ziti better as leftover. Suggestions?

Post 2

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

Pizza - I don't know if I would say it was better, but definitely just as good smiley - drool

Post 3

Orcus

Curry for sure smiley - biggrin

Post 4

Agapanthus

In Italian cooking there are a whole lot of dishes specially designed to be left until next day, like Peperonata, or proper bolognaise. But I have a particular fondness for cold, congealed lasagne.

Post 5

GreyDesk

Chilli and Irish Stew are pretty good the second time around; not on the same plate obviously.

Post 6

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Most soups,lasanga,casseroles.

Post 7

Teasswill

I don't think the title of the thread quite conveys what you mean in the question......

Anyway, Delia's chocolate bread & butter pudding - even yummier when cold.
I like cold beef & chicken, jacket potatoes, apple pie - but just as good as when they're hot.

Post 8

pumpikano

It is not neccessarily cold vs. hot, the question is what foods do people like better after they have been served once, not eaten entirely, stored for a time period that would perhaps alter their apearance/taste/substance/etc., and then eaten again in any way.

I must agree with the Italian thing, Italian always works great as leftovers.

Post 9

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Stews/casseroles/soups are useually better if they are left longer for the flavours to really come out smiley - drool Eating stuff ment to be warm cold, the day after then I always think the minced beef and onion pie my Father makes is just a lot tastier cold the day after we had it hot A lot of meats, like roast beef, I find tastier when cold, smiley - space Though the two foods for which having them cold the next day is a must is pizza, and to an even greater extent Kebab, a kebab, left overnight festering on a plate in the kitchen, tastes fabulus the next day for breckfast; weather reheated in the micro, or just eaten cold smiley - drool if there is any pitta bread left on teh plate, then this is great if its soaked up loads of teh chilli sauce, and then grilled to toast it and eaten dripping with butter smiley - droolsmiley - evilgrinsmiley - handcuffs

Key: Complain about this post